PDA

View Full Version : Trainer + Computer

AuntieK
02-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Okay, I'm wondering if anybody is able to ride their trainer while working on the computer? I would love to be able to ride while I work, but have yet to figure out how to do it. I once read in a book (can't remember which) that somebody makes a desktop you can mount to your handlebars, but I haven't ever seen such a thing.
Is this possible, or am I just crazy??:rolleyes:
Thanks!

Grog
02-10-2006, 09:32 AM
I am sure you could find a way to do this, but frankly I don't believe doing something at the same time as riding the trainer (short of watching TV or listening to radio/music) to give a very good quality workout.

Workouts are much better when you are focusing on form, on how your body is moving, on engaging your core muscles, on pedalling in circles, etc. When we are reading at the same time, we get sloppy.

Sorry this doesn't answer your question. I would note however that the quantity of sweat (water + salt) that you loose when on the trainer is probably not a good thing to have around your computer.

p.s. If you could figure out a way to power up your computer with the energy you generate from cycling, that may be a motivation to work harder, though. :D

AuntieK
02-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Good points...hadn't thought of that.
I guess I'm trying to make work a little less boring, and trying to get a workout in at the same time. :p Since I have to sit here immoble for so many hours a day, I thought at least being able to pedal would help! But I definately don't need sweat on the keyboard! :D
Thanks for your thoughts, Grog.