PDA

View Full Version : So, what saddles do folks like on their mtbs?

DirtDiva
02-10-2006, 12:54 AM
I finally have the spare cash to replace the not-so-lovely Bontrager Select that came on my mtb. I'll be taking my bike in for a service next week (have hardly ridden recently, but it'd be silly not to take advantage of a freebie) and figured that I would pick up a new saddle when I was there. I know that saddle choice is all very individual and what everyone else likes won't necessarily work for me, yada yada yada, but I figure just about anything will be kinder to me than what I've got. A lot of the talk of saddles seems to be about what's on people's road bikes; I'm curious about what people are sitting on off-road.

Nanci
02-10-2006, 04:24 AM
I really like the Fizik Vitesse and rode it for many years on my MTB before switching it to my road bike, and putting a Selle Flite Gel or something on the MTB, which I don't like nearly as much, but the mango color matches nicely!

Nanci

SadieKate
02-10-2006, 07:54 AM
The WTB Laser V Stealth. I like the drop nose for getting on the saddle without chamois suck. The drop nose is also more comfy for steep climbs when you have sit way up there in a very unnatural position. :eek: It's been good for both singletrack when I'm moving around a lot but also 50 mile dirt road endurance rides. Narrow enough to get all the way off the back and wide enough to sit on for extended periods.

http://www.wtb.com/products/saddle_laserv.html

Nanci
02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
My first MTB came with a WTB saddle, which I liked a lot.

Nanci

mtbdarby
04-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Kiwi, I switched to a Specialized Dolce on my mtb and like it a lot. Technically it's considered a road saddle but hey, whatever works for you, right?

DirtDiva
04-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Absolutely, dar. I went with a WTB Pure V Race in the end. It looked like it might be good, but it also had the overwhelming advantage of being on sale. Much, much more comfy than the Bontrager and it looks nice on my bike too. :D

Barb
04-12-2006, 07:48 AM
WHEW I got rid of my bontrager RIGHT away. That was not girly friendly! I wound up with a WTB she speed. It took my tailbone a little while to get used to it, then I was fine. I still can't ride that saddle in a trainer...just hurts.

bcipam
04-12-2006, 02:35 PM
The WTB Laser V Stealth. I like the drop nose for getting on the saddle without chamois suck. The drop nose is also more comfy for steep climbs when you have sit way up there in a very unnatural position. :eek: It's been good for both singletrack when I'm moving around a lot but also 50 mile dirt road endurance rides. Narrow enough to get all the way off the back and wide enough to sit on for extended periods.

http://www.wtb.com/products/saddle_laserv.html

I use the same saddle on both my MTBikes. Love it. My friend bought the Fizik Gobi. I like the design and might try it next time.

Jennifer
04-17-2006, 06:11 AM
Kiwi, I switched to a Specialized Dolce on my mtb and like it a lot. Technically it's considered a road saddle but hey, whatever works for you, right?

I have been using the Specialized Dolce for two years, i have one on mtn bike and one on my road. They are pretty cheap, i get my replacements out of the $15 bin at the bike shop. My girl friends all laugh at it, because they ride $130 + racing seats on all their bikes, but hey, after a day of riding, i'm the one who doesn't get a puffy taco!

I wouldn't mind finding something a little sexier for the new DEAN, but i hate to mess with a good thing!

yellow
04-17-2006, 09:09 AM
I know this is an old thread, but after spending 5 days in a row on it, I have to give a big thumbs up to the WTB Rocket V. It's narrow and has minimal padding. I'm even thinking that I might try one on my road bike...