PDA

View Full Version : The Best Stretch DVD

Selkie
04-28-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi Everyone--It's been awhile since I've posted, but I had to share this. I've moved away from biking and swimming, as I'm in a new position at work and don't have the time to schlep to the pool before work or ride outside during daylight hours. I'm now doing more intensive but shorter cardio DVDs (Hiit, kickboxing, boxing w/a heavy bag, step aerobics, circuit training, etc) and more intensive strength training. As a result, I've had to be really mindful of my flexibility to avoid getting hurt.

About a week ago, I discovered a stretch DVD that is like nothing I've tried before. It's not at all frou fou or relaxing---you will work, sweat, and it's not always comfortable. That said, the results are like nothing I've experienced. After using this DVD for a very short time, I've improved the flexibility in my terminally tight hamstrings to the point where I can almost touch my nose to my knees (sitting on a mat w/my legs straight out in front of me). It's amazing. Also, it requires a lot of mental focus so you improve your body awareness, as well. It's so good that I wanted to share it w/you: here is the creator's website (Donna Flagg): http://www.lastics.com/

indysteel
04-28-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm glad you're seeing improvement with it. I watched the sample, and it looks a lot like what I do in my yoga practice.

lor
04-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Ooh! Thank you! I'm always looking for a good stretch program. I also have terminally tight hamstrings.