PDA

View Full Version : TRX and Bicep Fun

Veronica
04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Yesterday's workout started with feet in the TRX in push up position. Do a push up then do a pull in. Repeat 15 times. We also did supine pull ups with the TRX, feet elevated on a bar and then do a pull up. Those were tough!

Our last round of exercises included bicep curls while standing on the Bosu 3 sets of 15 with 40 pounds. Thom had been using the 60 pound bar and when I put it away I first had to see if I could curl it - 4 times. Not bad for the end of a workout. :D

Veronica

Catrin
04-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Sounds like fun Veronica! Monday morning, among other things, we were doing pistol squats with one hand on the TRX and the other with a kettlebell in the rack position. I've got a lot of work to do with my flexibility...

Veronica
04-23-2013, 03:48 PM
I've always done one legged squats going down to the bench and holding a weight. I wonder if I could do them w/o the bench. :D

Veronica

Catrin
04-23-2013, 03:56 PM
I've always done one legged squats going down to the bench and holding a weight. I wonder if I could do them w/o the bench. :D

Veronica

He has us holding onto the TRX with one hand so we can go as low as possible. I am not all that low...yet :)

Veronica
04-23-2013, 04:10 PM
I tried a few, just messing around, it's really hard to keep your knee over your ankle. And not having the bench under my butt, makes me reluctant to go down as far. :D

Veronica

Catrin
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I tried a few, just messing around, it's really hard to keep your knee over your ankle. And not having the bench under my butt, makes me reluctant to go down as far. :D

Veronica

It takes time - I want to lean backwards as I go down - which doesn't work so well especially with a kettlebell in the front rack position. The cue is to drop straight down like we know we should...practice makes perfect :) We have one woman who is so good at this that her butt is about 6 inches off the ground and she has perfect form. My role model - though I will never be as good as she is - she is about 20 years younger than I ;)

Veronica
04-23-2013, 04:31 PM
That's funny, I wanted to lean forward.

Veronica

Catrin
04-23-2013, 04:47 PM
That's funny, I wanted to lean forward.

Veronica

It's this jacked shoulder I have, whenever I have problems w/form it is from leaning backwards, if possible my trainer is more frustrated with it than I am ... I am, however, getting better with a weighted front rack :D