PDA

View Full Version : More Rain Clothes On Order

Nanci
02-07-2006, 04:49 PM
So, the Marmot Precips didn't work- too tight, not articulated, very swishy-sounding.

Neither did the Nashbar Goretex Extreme Pant, though it seemed well-made, and had a nice liner so it probably wouldn't stick, it was HUGE on me. And very long.

Neither did the Hytrel Waterproof Socks- no _way_ those things would fit a human foot.

Loius Garneau Helmet Cover- excellent.

Louis Garneau 3-in1 Transformer Waterproof Glove- didn't get to try, but fit well and looks cool and feels good.

Pearl Izumi Calientoes- love them. Kept my feet dry and _almost_ warm.

Now on order: REI Novarro Stratos Rain Pants. I am hoping I will like the "stretch panels" better than straight non-stretch pants. Seem to have a lot of nice features, but fit is everything. I am hoping they are not baggy, and short enough. I _almost_ went with the REI Ultralight Petite Rain Pants, but am hoping bike-specific will be a better fit. If not, that's what I'll try next. I also looked at the Burley Rain Pants, but TE didn't have my size.

And the extravagant splurge, which I will keep if I love and send back if I don't love, the Showers Pass Elite Rain Jacket in Goldenrod, from TE. I hope I love it. I looked at a bunch of reviews for it on-line, seems like it should do well. Terry had a pretty cool-looking Marmot, on sale, supposedly breathable, and a gorgeous rose and pink color, but I really want to see how the E-vent fabric on the Elite works. I like the back vent. Nice reflective details. Seems very slim-cut- won't be flopping around like a tent.

I'll write reviews as soon as I get these things. Won't be a shortage of rain around here.

Nanci

maryellen
02-09-2006, 09:57 PM
<<Neither did the Nashbar Goretex Extreme Pant, though it seemed well-made, and had a nice liner so it probably wouldn't stick, it was HUGE on me. And very long.>>

I had the same experience. The most oddly sized bike apparel I've ever tried on...................