PDA

View Full Version : Arghhh!!!

Veronica
02-07-2006, 03:13 PM
It's a beautiful afternoon here. But I have to ride on the trainer today. Coach's instructions - must do the Core tape. I know he's right...

All of you who got to enjoy the sun today have my envy.

V.

Grog
02-07-2006, 04:50 PM
It's a beautiful afternoon here. But I have to ride on the trainer today. Coach's instructions - must do the Core tape. I know he's right...

Who cares about the coach?

Whenever it's sunny, I ride out (or run). I arrange my training schedule accordingly for the next days. Nobody's going to keep me inside.

Veronica
02-07-2006, 05:05 PM
I have to care for a few reasons. He won't rub my feet if I don't listen to him or take me out when I don't feel like cooking. :D

Seriously, I really do need to stick to my training plan as much as I can. I never know when a parent is going to waylay me after school just HAVING to talk without setting up an appointment first. Or when another teacher is going to need some help or an ear.

It looks like we're in for a week of pleasant weather though, so if nothing weird happens I will get in some fun rides.

V.

yellow
02-07-2006, 07:25 PM
I feel for ya, V. As I pedaled away on the trainer this morning, I simply stared at the cerulean (sp?) blue sky and wished I wasn't such a weenie and could ride in the cold (I think it was about 25F at the time...just as the sun was coming up).

So I rode with you in spirit!

Surlygirl
02-08-2006, 05:22 AM
Hey Hey, It could be worse. I've been on the trainer for weeks. The high today may make the mid 30's and tomorrow it might not make it to freezing for the high. I envy anyone who can get out and ride. I hate the cold.

DeniseGoldberg
02-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Wow. I can't imagine giving up a ride outside for a ride on the trainer - you definitely have more will power than I do! Of course it's possible that your willingness to give up a ride outside is tied to the fact that you have much closer to year-round rideable weather than we do here in the northeast!

--- Denise

Veronica
02-08-2006, 06:07 AM
I had all the windows open and pretended I was outside. :D

I also got to ride back to work last night to go to the PTA meeting. I enjoy riding after dark, so that was pleasant.

V.

Surlygirl
02-08-2006, 09:36 AM
I've got to go out and change a flat tire on my truck and its Frrrreeezzzzzing. :mad:
Have a ride outside in the warmth for me please and tell me how wonderful it was.

CorsairMac
02-08-2006, 10:51 AM
andddddddddddddddddddddddd for My Very Good Friend Surly:

Currently in Albuquerque, NM (87111)
54°F
Fair Feels Like
54°F
Dew Point: 6°F
Humidity: 14%
Pressure: 30.23 inches
Wind: From the North Northwest at 5 mph
Local Radar | Map Room
Today: Abundant sunshine. High around 60F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight: Mainly clear skies. Low 28F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

there ya go hun!

V: there were so many times I Wished my ex had helped me stick with my convictions, so I completely understand your "coach" reference! There will be other sunny days and other times - especially in your neck of the woods!

SadieKate
02-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Davis, CA
Today: Abundant sunshine. High around 70F. Winds light and variable.

Hee-hee-hee.:D

annie
02-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Davis, CA
Today: Abundant sunshine. High around 70F. Winds light and variable.

Hee-hee-hee.:D

Today: Dubuque, IA. Abundant sunshine. High around 26. Winds 10-15mph.
And I rode anyway. Outside :eek:
I don't have a coach to tell me to stay inside. ;) Plus I had to get to work somehow so I figured I might as well get in a decent bike ride and have it done for the day. Honestly, if you have the right clothing, once you get going and warmed up, it's great to be outside and on the bike. That sunshine makes such a difference! And that cold air..... very, uh, invigorating! :D

annie

Surlygirl
02-08-2006, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=CorsairMac]andddddddddddddddddddddddd for My Very Good Friend Surly:

Currently in Albuquerque, NM (87111)
54°F

there ya go hun!

Thanks Sweetie. I needed that. ;) Just finished another ten on the Trainer beside hubby. We need spring. Riding and getting nowhere fast.

yellow
02-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Boy, I hope you got out today V. Looks like it was a really, really nice day in Cali.

I just talked with my ma and she said it was 85 F there in Arroyo Grande, CA (and 91 in Oceano, which is just south of Pismo Beach). That's ON THE OCEAN. Freaky. I think it got up to about 45 here today. It definitely felt like spring on the mountain.

Veronica
02-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Yep - got in a nice ride after work. Hill day.

V.

SadieKate
02-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey, I just realized what my hill work is between Davis and Winters. It is so flat I can Diablo off to the south about 60 miles. So looking at it must be my hill work.:rolleyes:

At least I could see it today. Beautiful, sunny and almost 70 so I could see that nice brown haze collecting down there around the Devil.

carimail
02-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Seriously, I really do need to stick to my training plan as much as I can. I never know when a parent is going to waylay me after school just HAVING to talk without setting up an appointment first. Or when another teacher is going to need some help or an ear...

V.

OH! Double guilt! I waylaid my son's teacher today and THEN I went for a ride! I'll make it up to her by cleaning up after the Valentine's Party.

Veronica
02-09-2006, 06:36 AM
The deal with riding the trainer is, it's a much more focused workout. If I weren't training for a very specific (and difficult!) event, I'd be outside every day this week.

Today is going to be another gorgeous day and I'll be inside again with a double dose of Coach Troy - Uphill Grind and No Slackers. And you're right Denise - part of it is the better weather out here. I have a three day weekend and the weather is looking awesome. I'll be doing another centuryish ride on Sunday.

As far as parents dropping by after school goes, gosh it would just be nice if they would ask, "Is this a good time?" before they started talking. But I'm a big girl and I actually do ask them to come back if I have something going on.

V.

Surlygirl
02-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Well the high today might be 30. Of course I have that little "Severe Weather Alert" banner flashing at me. Possible Nor'easter for Saturday into Sunday with potential for large amounts of snow. If Denise is riding, its sunny but really cold.

By the way Coach Troy is an evil man. My hubby is doing the new Hillacious with Harvest Bread and most of them are BIG guys on those bikes. :eek: Me, I like the easy fitness one. :o What can I say, I'm a wimp. I'll do my hill climbing outside in the spring. I admire anyone who can hang with Troy. Geeesh.

Brandi
02-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I live in Los osos which is not far from Pismo. It was 81 to 83 yesterday. I went riding around 3:30 p.m., sweat was dripping down my face. It doesn't drip dowm my face in the summer! Is it winter? We are going camping this weekend hope it holds out for us!:rolleyes:

jobob
02-09-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm heading out to Denmark in a couple of days.

Or as one co-worker out there refers to it, "the little country that one day will be remembered in the history books as the one that started the great war between the civilizations". Oy.

The forecast on weather.com all next week is for rain/snow with temps in the high 20's/low 30's. And dark. And gloomy.

I'm sure it will be lovely back home in CA.

{{{ waaaa }}} ---> insert whiney pouting foot-stomping smilie

SadieKate
02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
We'll be sure to tell you all about it when you get home. Would you like us to email you pictures?

Sutter Buttes this weekend -- at their greeniest!:D

Surlygirl
02-09-2006, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Brandi]I live in Los osos which is not far from Pismo.

Pismo beach at last!!!. Okay, any buggs bunny fans out there? We camped there for Thanksgiving a few years ago on the beach. Wow, was it gorgeous. Big boy, little boy heaven with every motorized vehicle imaginable riding the dunes. California is Pismo beach for them.