PDA

View Full Version : Witches Britches - part deux

snapdragen
02-06-2006, 03:59 PM
I like 'em! The chamois isn't a big old diaper, like my Bellwether shorts, but still enough. It's smaller than the chamois in my Shebeest knickers.

I like the legs, they don't have the rubber gripper around the leg, no problems with them riding up. Fabric is very comfy and soft, and not overly shiny! The waistband is a bit wider than my other shorts/knickers, also very comfy.

Best of all - the fleecy knees! Heaven for my creaky knobby knees. They stayed toasty throughout the morning.

I definately can recommend Witches Britches.:cool:

Now, someone please tell me, is the Ground Effect patch on the knee where the "patch kit" is hiding?:p

Veronica
02-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the report! I want to order some but haven't gotten around to it yet.

V/

kiwi girl
02-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I really like the non shiny lycra they use in their shorts (and knickers), and the wide waistbands, and how they don't ride up even without leg grippers (I don't like leg grippers) ... can you tell I'm a fan :)

The patch will be hidden inside, sown into in the seams somehere. I'll check mine when I get home tonight and see if I can find where they are in mine.

Selkie
02-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Good news. I took the plunge and ordered a pair over the weekend. Can't wait to get them.

slinkedog
02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
So was the shipping cost astronomical or not too bad?

SadieKate
02-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Slinke, you can go online and set up an order to see the shipping charges. Just don't put in your credit card. I think it was very reasonable.

snapdragen
02-07-2006, 03:37 PM
My total came to 79.something - including the shipping.

yellow
02-14-2006, 08:37 AM
OK, I got my WBs yesterday and wore them on the trainer this morning (note: I am too wimpy to ride in the cold, so my bike is staying in the trainer for a while longer). So my testing environment is different from snap's.

Yup, those knees are certainly warm. Good thing I had both fans going! This is not a knicker you'd want to wear to spin class. I like the chamois. I was a little worried at first because the shorts seem a little big (with lots of chamois extrusion and "empty" space in front), but once on the saddle it was OK. I still think they are a little on the big side for me, but not so big that I'll get chafing or anything.

I too like the waistband. However, the lack of grippers on the legs coupled with "shapely" calves means that the legs did ride up on me, to the point where I had some pretty uncomfortable bunching behind the knee. So I'd say that if you have big or developed calves, this would prolly be a consideration. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it is annoying.

snap, did you think that they ran a little big? I don't want to say that they do, but they seem larger than my other shorts of the "same" size (understanding that sizes vary widely).

snapdragen
02-14-2006, 08:45 AM
snap, did you think that they ran a little big? I don't want to say that they do, but they seem larger than my other shorts of the "same" size (understanding that sizes vary widely).

Yeah, I think they run a little big. Mine are a Medium, in SheBeest I wear a large.

Surlygirl
02-16-2006, 08:23 AM
I got mine yesterday and it was just what I was looking for. The fleece on the knees is very nice since I have really bad knees and need to keep them warm. The chamois is just right and I like the waistband and that they are higher in the back so when you bend over there is no mooning. :eek:
My only problem was that I'm short and a large so i had to pull the knees up a bit. Don't know if they are shorter in the smaller sizes. Definately a thumbs up.