PDA

View Full Version : Squat-A-Ton and Run

Catrin
01-26-2013, 10:25 AM
I squatted a ton this morning - literally :) Actually a couple of them!

Our usual Sunday morning session was moved to Sat. for this week only, and our trainer obviously decided that it was lower body day. After a significant dynamic warmup, we were faced with a simple challenge.

1 round = back squating a cumulative 1 ton of weight + 200 meter run + climbing 4 flights of stairs for a total of 4 rounds.

Thankfully he did the math for us so the number of reps we did was related to the weight we chose.

I was a little concerned about lifting my 65 pound weight over my head (shoulder issue), so the first two rounds featured 50 goblet squats with a 35 lb kettle-bell. That got too intense on the second round, so I grabbed a spotter so I wouldn't have to do an overhead press to get the barbell on my traps and did 2 rounds of back squats with a 65 pound bar-bell - 50 reps each. I could have done 30 reps with that weight but my second round with the kettle-bell wasn't pretty. Give me back squats over goblet squats any time - my grip needs work.

It was a fun workout, and my quads are talking a little bit this afternoon - it is hard to get their attention these days so am glad I can feel it a bit!

That was a total of 8,250 pounds this morning, 35 for 100 reps and 65 for 100 reps :) I can back squat a lot more than 65 pounds but with my shoulder it seemed best to choose one of the lower weight options.

ridebikeme
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a good workout Catrin... I can't imagine why your legs are 'talking' to you though:)

Catrin
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a good workout Catrin... I can't imagine why your legs are 'talking' to you though:)

They are fine today. no soreness :) I wish I were better at goblet squats, but I think that will improve! I do like them, nothing else really feels quite like a good goblet squat done properly.