PDA

View Full Version : When jumps go bad...

Veronica
01-09-2013, 04:09 PM

9th jump on my third set of 10.

After cussing, I did my last two jumps and my last set of one legged burpees.

Veronica

Veronica
02-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Shin bruises are the worst! It's still lumpy and a bit swollen.

I did lose a bit of my confidence with the jumping; I was back to swinging my arms three or more times before doing a jump. To break me of that habit, Shawna had me sit on the 12 inch step and then jump onto the 24. You only get one arm swing when you do that, so it better be good. :D

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/419736_558579357487907_368717605_n.jpg

Here's fun, little thing we do every now and then. First hop over the rope and then go under it. And yesterday, I got to do some Chinese jump rope. She had the large ropes laying parallel on the floor and I had to jump back and forth across them: first set for a minute, second set two minutes and you guessed it - third set was for three minutes. I didn't really do Chinese jump rope because jumping on the large ropes is a recipe for turning your ankle, but it was fun to pretend. :p

Veronica

Catrin
02-07-2013, 09:02 AM
The shin is still bruised? They do take awhile, hope it is fully healed soon. I can certainly see how that might affect jumping confidence. (I know it would mine). The over-under you posted the pic on does look like fun!

tealtreak
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
hope you heal quickly! I have to confess- I checked this thread cuz I though Whoa.... jump- I thought she was a triathlete/roadie ...and I have not been able to conquer any impressive jumps myself- just drops...... lol god chuckle for the day...I am so not a normal 51 year old female (: Guess that is what happens when you grow up with brothers and then have 3 boys (:

Veronica
02-07-2013, 04:17 PM
hope you heal quickly! I have to confess- I checked this thread cuz I though Whoa.... jump- I thought she was a triathlete/roadie ...and I have not been able to conquer any impressive jumps myself- just drops...... lol god chuckle for the day...I am so not a normal 51 year old female (: Guess that is what happens when you grow up with brothers and then have 3 boys (:

That's funny, 'cause I ride it all. :D Last year's vacations were doing the White Rim and a Telluride to Moab mountain bike trip - and we have a tandem. But I don't do jumps on any bike.

http://tandemhearts.smugmug.com/Travel/Grand-Canyon-2010/i-QbLdhTt/0/L/Grand-Canyon-10-L.jpg

North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Veronica

tealtreak
02-08-2013, 03:41 AM
That's funny, 'cause I ride it all. :D Last year's vacations were doing the White Rim and a Telluride to Moab mountain bike trip - and we have a tandem. But I don't do jumps on any bike.

http://tandemhearts.smugmug.com/Travel/Grand-Canyon-2010/i-QbLdhTt/0/L/Grand-Canyon-10-L.jpg

North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Veronica

Awesome (: Thanks for sharing !

Crankin
02-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Do you jump over that rope sideways?
I have real issues doing that. Although since I started all of this boot camp stuff, I've noticed the issues I have moving to the right, like in shuffles or jumps has become easier. I also can jump up onto the step (just one riser, I know, but that's a real accomplishment for me of the no visual perception) now. I'd like to try two risers; I know I can do the height, it's the coordination part.

Veronica
02-08-2013, 06:25 AM
That round of exercises included 15 side to side jumps over the rope, 15 forward and backward over the rope and then 15 of the jump over and go under. Three rounds of that and there was another exercise that involved the Bosu, but I can't remember what it was, maybe lunges... But, I have been doing plyometrics with her for 4 years, and I've got pretty good balance.

I was very hungry after my session. :p

Veronica