PDA

View Full Version : White Mountain Tour

tprevost
01-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Has anyone either done, or know anyone who has done this tour??? I'm checking out the centuries on the links I got this morning and this intrigues me... http://www.sportsfun.com/gaba/whitemountain.html

Tracy

ladyfish
01-31-2006, 03:21 PM
I haven't done the ride, but the area is BEAUTIFUL! I grew up in AZ, and loved to go backpacking near Springerville. We also camped near Show Low. It will be a beautiful ride. Wish I was closer!!!

Cathy

tprevost
02-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Its a ways for me too but I'm just dying to do a weekend tour and I think that area is beautiful! I would have to talk my DH into hanging with the kids ... which wouldn't be so bad in itself BUT, I'm already committed to a ride up in NORCAL the following weekend and I don't want to push my luck! :D

...maybe if I'm realllllyyyyyy nice to him....??? :rolleyes:

Where are you LadyFish??

Tracy

retread
03-12-2006, 10:58 AM
This is a really fun ride. When I finished I wanted to turn around and do it again I was really jazzed by it. Beautiful scenery, great sag support, wonderful dinner at the school. Go for it!

ladyfish
03-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Where are you LadyFish??

Tracy

Better a late answer than never--I'm in Virginia!!! Too far for me to think about that ride. I was born and raised in AZ, and we spent summers in the white mountains backpacking. Great memories. It would be so cool to do the biking trip there!

tprevost
03-12-2006, 01:44 PM
awwww.... come on, just pop on over! :D I'm still pondering it although now I have rides the following 2 weekends where I'll be gone more than a day... so, probably not happening this year :(

Trac'