PDA

View Full Version : Les Mills RPM Anyone?

Catrin
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Has anyone taken a Les Mills RPM spinning class? I understand it is quite different from other types of spinning classes. I am trying to determine the wisdom of trying one out since the bikes are a bit large for me (a bit too stretched) and my neck tends to be finicky where spinning classes are concerned (more so than riding outside). I hear that it is designed well to hit key heart rate levels, sounds like it would be good for cardio endurance...

Crankin
01-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Don't know about the bikes, but my old gym tried these classes and they were run out of town by people like me. I dislike "programmed" or scripted routines that are the same for 2 weeks and then you get another one. They also tried the step and Body Pump stuff and the Body Pump stuck, but I hated that, too. I am sure it is perfectly programmed for endurance, but I just didn't like it.

Catrin
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
The Les Mills classes are very popular at my gym....but I don't see much "cross pollination" between the Les Mills fans and us strange metabolic-functional-folks (whatever you call what we do). There are a couple of us in my group training who go to the occasional Body Pump or RPM class, but most don't - though some of us spin on our own when there isn't a class. Considering how my neck feels tonight, and I've sessions both Wed and Thursday morning, I think I am going to give it a miss and get a bit of sleep tomorrow. I normally have training on Tuesday morning but he cancelled as he is a strong Irish fan :) And...I just don't like those old Schwinns.

Thanks for giving me your opinion.

EMC-girl
01-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I am a roadie and absolutely love RPM!! I do it twice a week as part of my training. I find our instructors really motivating. And honestly I think it has really helped my hill climbing