PDA

View Full Version : TE Northeast dinner January 28th (pictures within...

DeniseGoldberg
01-28-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm starting a new thread instead of adding on to the previous one so that the title can note that there are pictures within for those who have slow internet connections.

Thanks everyone - that was fun.

A few of us had met in person before, but there were new faces for all of us too. I found it very interesting to meet people who I've been chatting with here, and I have to admit that the conversation continued to flow as if we had met each other before. Jodi's (Surlygirl) party planning worked out great with a 3:00 meeting time allowing us to order off of the lunch menu.

Of course we all knew there would be a price to pay if we didn't take photos to share with everyone else, and 3 of us showed up with cameras!

I'll start with a group shot. Sitting (from left to right) is Karen (MassBikeBabe), Jodi (Surlygirl), and Linda (wavedancer). Standing is me, Stacy (SpinSis), Jean (newfsmith), and Robyn.
http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/54226627-M-1.jpg

Jodi did a great job with Karen's birthday present - including a sweatshirt with a drawing representing Karen's "half snow angel"
http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/54226644-M-1.jpg

What do you mean you can't see all of us in that group shot? OK, here are some more shots too!

Stacy & Karen
http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/54226631-M-1.jpg

Jodi & Linda
http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/54226650-M-1.jpg

Jean & Robyn
http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/54226639-M-1.jpg

And thanks to Linda, I even have a photo of myself!
http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/54226660-M-1.jpg

There are a few more photos too. I've stashed them in my Biking with friends, friends with bikes! gallery at http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/575390 (http://denise.smugmug.com/gallery/575390). The gallery also includes a few shots of some of us (even including one of Spazz) from rides last summer. If any of you want prints of your photos, the gallery is set up so you can order them.

jobob
01-28-2006, 05:05 PM
That's great, thanks for posting the photos, Denise !

traveller_62
01-28-2006, 05:14 PM
cool! looks like you guys had a great time.

happy (belated) b-day massbikebabe!

thanks for posting the pics, denise.

Veronica
01-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! So nice to have more faces to go with names.

V.

SadieKate
01-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Fun! Thanks for posting. It's wonderful to have faces to go with the names. Cool the people you meet on the internet.

Trek420
01-28-2006, 05:59 PM
SadieKate "Cool the people you meet on the internet."

yep it's amazing who we meet on TE and nobody stole anyones kidney :) :p :D what's next? the Cinderella dinner?

Surlygirl
01-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Wow Denise, that was quick. Thank you guys for a great afternoon. It was nice to finally meet everyone. I really enjoyed hearing about everyone's adventures, misadventures and lives in general.
Oh and Karen, I had an e-mail tonight, a new shirt is already on the way, free of charge. We'll have no faded snow angels here!
Thanks again everyone, great to meet you.

SpinSis
01-29-2006, 08:11 AM
It was really great to meet everyone yesterday! Now that we've all gotten over the awkwardness of the "blind date," I think we are ready to plan some ride- or dinner-get-togethers later this winter/early spring. And between us all, we certainly have some good riding locations (the Cape, Worchester hills, Concord backroads, Northshore)--though, I'm not so sure a group ride in Boston/Brookline should be top on the list, unless you want to practice your traintrack hopping skills. :D

Sorry, I had to scoot out so quickly--Chris' company party was planned after our dunch plans. We managed good turnaround time and made it the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge by 6:45! Chris enjoyed meeting all of you, since he dutifully listens to me share tales of the TE website.

Happy riding to all who get out in today's weather. I think I need to garage my bike in Bedford so I can take advantage of these weekend warm spells. Chris and I are going for a walk instead.

Thanks for the photos Denise. They are fun!
S

massbikebabe
01-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Hey all...

The first thing I said to DH was..."we have to do that more often, it was so much fun!!!!" Especially now that riding season is coming...slowly, but coming!
Jody sure knows how to throw a party. Corsair, if you can't see the picture
Jody gave me SNOWANGEL sweatshirt...problem is, only half of the snowman graphic printed...I thought that was ok because only half of me is working right now!!!:D

It was so great meeting all the Mass TE'ers. I could listen to Denise talk about her trips all night long!!! I was so glad Linda, (aka wave dancer) made it up from the Cape!! Yes, I think my first ride will be on the Cape with the Mass. girls...It will be an honor for me to ride with you!!! I am so grateful to have these ladies pulling for me and wanting to ride with me!!!

Jean: My daughter is madly in love with Flora. As I dictate this they are off
on a little ride. SHE LOVED HER, stickers and all!! I will pm you later...

thanks gurls, it was a ball!!

karen

wavedancer
01-29-2006, 02:20 PM
It was so great for me to meet you all. I knew the women on this forum were special, but there is always that "blind date" nervousness of meeting in person for the first time...lasted about 3 seconds! Wonderful stories and sharing from all. I am really looking forward to getting you all down to the Cape! :D

spazzdog
01-29-2006, 03:03 PM
You'se grrls look FABULous!

I'm sorry I couldn't make it... am just not fit to be around at this point. But, I hope to stay in touch after the move both here on TE and in the "real" world.

Hugs to all!

spazzdog

Crankin
01-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Saturday was fun. Sorry for this late reply. I spent Sunday snowshoeing and looking at bathroom tiles at Home Depot (not fun). I am really looking forward to some rides in March (or maybe earlier the way the weather is going).

Robyn

CorsairMac
01-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Wonderful Pixs!! and Karen & Jody - awesome sweatshirt!! but ladies??......is it just my old age or do I Not see a single Assos Bibshorts amongst ya'll?? I thought your dinner was at the Naked Fish w/appropriate attire??

Thanks for posting the pixs Denise! It always fun to have faces with names!!

Surlygirl
01-30-2006, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=CorsairMac]Wonderful Pixs!! and Karen & Jody - awesome sweatshirt!! but ladies??......is it just my old age or do I Not see a single Assos Bibshorts amongst ya'll?? I thought your dinner was at the Naked Fish w/appropriate attire??

I speak only for myself when I say "Trust me, nobody wants to see that". :eek:

We'll take a new pic of Karen's sweatshirt when the new one with all of the image printed on it comes in. She also got a snow angel bag for her gear.

DeniseGoldberg
01-30-2006, 02:54 PM
...She also got a snow angel bag for her gear.

Oops, sorry - that picture snuck away on its own when I was uploading pics Saturday night. Here's the snow angel bag:

http://denise.smugmug.com/photos/54528295-S-1.jpg

Crankin
01-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Bib shorts??? Really, Corsair!!!!! I don't know how any woman could wear those, no matter how thin she was. It doesn't seem natural. We would have made quite an impression at the Naked Fish if we had come in bibs. Or any bike clothes for that matter. A couple of years ago my husband and I stupidly decided to ride the circumference of the island of Martha's Vineyard in the summer, at the height of tourist season. We stopped for lunch in Edgartown after a particularly sweaty uphill where cars would not pass us and we were getting screamed at to "get on the bike path." Nervously, we locked our bikes up and started walking down the very crowded street to a restaurant. As we walked down the sidewalk, it was like the sea parting. Everyone turned and stared, especially at my husband who was wearing a bright orange and yellow jersey, with matching orange sandals over his cycling socks. I was wearing one of those colorful Terry jerseys, with the hula women on it. Ever since then, I love going into nicer restaurants with cycling clothes on.

CorsairMac
01-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Bib shorts??? Really, Corsair!!!!! I don't know how any woman could wear those, no matter how thin she was. It doesn't seem natural. We would have made quite an impression at the Naked Fish if we had come in bibs. Or any bike clothes for that matter. A couple of years ago my husband and I stupidly decided to ride the circumference of the island of Martha's Vineyard in the summer, at the height of tourist season. We stopped for lunch in Edgartown after a particularly sweaty uphill where cars would not pass us and we were getting screamed at to "get on the bike path." Nervously, we locked our bikes up and started walking down the very crowded street to a restaurant. As we walked down the sidewalk, it was like the sea parting. Everyone turned and stared, especially at my husband who was wearing a bright orange and yellow jersey, with matching orange sandals over his cycling socks. I was wearing one of those colorful Terry jerseys, with the hula women on it. Ever since then, I love going into nicer restaurants with cycling clothes on.

and I take my bike - since I don't have a lock for it and don't wanna leave it unattended! Talk about the Red Sea Parting.................;)