PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella training Ride #3

bikerz
01-26-2006, 06:55 AM
Who's going? Anyone from TE besides CindySue?

I'll be there - I haven't been on my bike since last week's ride, due to one thing and another...

Trek420
01-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Saturday? I gotta work :( I will get out there for some of the others though.

aka_kim
01-26-2006, 08:04 AM
<whine>But it might rain.</whine> I'll decide Saturday morning :o.

slinkedog
01-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I can't come this week. Elizabeth has a pre-kindergarten screening at 8:30. A small group of us from the TE board are riding down here (San Jose) if it doesn't rain. Anyone else is welcome to join us. We'll do south bay reservoirs (Calero and Chesbro from Almaden Valley)... about 30 miles with a couple of hills, but nothing major.

bikerz
01-27-2006, 07:26 AM
In the imortal words of Christopher Robin - "Tut, tut ,it looks like rain" :(

slinkedog
01-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Yep, not looking good. If only this storm were only Pooh impersonating a "little black raincloud." Unfortunately, it looks like the real deal. ;)

Sunday looks good. I'll try to ride Sunday afternoon instead, and hopefully the posse will be able to come along, as well.

cindysue
01-27-2006, 09:03 AM
A small group of us from the TE board are riding down here (San Jose) if it doesn't rain.
good to hear! We'll see you southern bellas on the 4th (if not before)

<whine>But it might rain.</whine> I'll decide Saturday morning :o.
hope you can come Kim! But I think I will feel a little cheated if we don't all go out to lunch afterwards.....

I'll be there - I haven't been on my bike since last week's ride, due to one thing and another...
I managed to get out last Sunday - what a gorgeous day! Hopefully we'll see sunny skies tomorrow.

THINK SUNSHINE GALS!

cindysue
01-27-2006, 09:12 AM
oooohhh by the way, I will post an update in the morning if we will ride or not. Also a good idea to sign up for the email list (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/pedlpushers/)if you haven't already.....

We'll meet at Lafayette BART at 9am (upper most parking lot)
This is a 30 mile flat ride to Danville and back.

P.S. Next week we're adding on a Sunday series for the newbies. Go here (http://www.lunachix.net/sunday.htm) for details

bikerz
01-28-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm planning on coming this morning - gotta get my wheels wet again, so to speak - jitters and all!

Hope to see you there Kim - it's been a while! And lunch afterwards sounds great (so Cindy doesn't feel cheated!)

BZ

aka_kim
01-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Sorry guys, guess I'm in hibernation mode right now (ie, I'm extremely lazy and just woke up). Have a good ride, and lunch too!

cindysue
01-28-2006, 04:08 PM
hey everyone,

We missed you today!

It was a good ride. And we beat the rain! We had over 40 women show up despite the clouds looming overhead and predictions of rain. We split into 3 groups by speed. I was leading the least speedy group and BikerZ was in the middle group.

We rode from Lafayette to Danville and back, mostly flat with a hill on Tice Valley/Crest and another short hill as we got back to the staging area. Everyone did great and proved strong. My group took a little shortcut on the ride so that we would finish around the same time as the others – and we did! They rolled in shortly after we arrived. What a great group! It’s really nice to ride with so many friendly and supportive ladies (and one hubby).

There were a few little teeny tiny drops of rain here and there but everyone was back before any real threat of getting wet occurred.

Ann (BikerZ) and I went out to lunch after the ride (yep, got that lunch!), then headed over to see Francie. It was good to see her smiling and joking! And she has obviously charmed the nurses as well, one of whom put a note on her patient white board that says "patient says I like to cause trouble" (or something like that). Praying she gets to go home soon!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Go here (http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?p=54546#post54546) if you want to contribute to the Francie get well fund

Looking forward to next week in Berkeley. I’ll start a separate thread on the options available for that ride. Hope to see y’all there!

Lessons Learned today:

1) Get into the proper gear BEFORE you start climbing a hill. If you’re not familiar with your gears, get to the ride early and ask someone to show you. Knowing what gear does what will make your experience much better and easier!

2) Eat a proper breakfast. Everyone will have their own preferences – mine is a cup of oatmeal, a banana, and maybe a bagel with peanut butter or some yogurt with nuts and honey.

3) Bring enough water/food to sustain your during the ride.

BikeMomma
01-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Sounds like you gals had a really great day yesterday. Can't wait until I can ride out with you! Next month, most likely. I'm in race training right now (supposed to be anyway....that late night bowl of ice cream is calling me from within the freezer walls:rolleyes:), so I need my Saturday pain & suffering training sessions for now. I just wish I lived closer so that I could perhaps have it both ways!

Cindy, I think you and Bekki are super for organizing these rides! They sound awesome.:)

~K

cindysue
01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Cindy, I think you and Bekki are super for organizing these rides! They sound awesome.:) ~K

thanks! we're having fun and really happy to see all the newbies come out and ride more miles on their bikes than ever before. It's inspiring!

Trek420
01-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Cindysue and all, I likely will miss Saturday Cindy training ride. Mae & I will go to the vet, she has a stye on her eye. So unless that dissapears to the vet we go. I might come to the Sunday ride though. It should be a good one...Superbowl Sunday, the streets are OURS! 8-)