PDA

View Full Version : Bike Touring Slide Show at Landry's, Natick

DebW
01-25-2006, 04:42 PM
http://www.landrys.com/Pages/biketour-pres.html

SPECIAL EVENT

Bike Travel & Tour:
Winter Social with Wine & Cheese

An in-store slide show on bicycle touring in Massachusetts, France, and beyond - with wine & cheese

Friday, February 10, 6:30-8:30pm
Landry's/Natick store
Join us for Landry's Winter Social on Friday night, February 10, 6:30-8:30pm, at Landry's/Natick store. Enjoy presentations on local and international bike- touring experiences, and learn how you can explore new places on your bike. Complimentary wine & cheese will be served.

Topics and speakers will include:

Bicycle touring in Burgundy and Paris, France - Jack Johnson.

MS Bike Tours in Massachusetts - John Siemiatkoski.

Trek Travel Bike Tours - information available.

Sounds fun. I'll probably go

Crankin
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM
I might go, too. Trek Travel is great. I have done 2 tours with them. Plus, they have bikes for short people....

SpinSis
01-26-2006, 01:42 PM
I'll put it on the calendar. A good friend did a tour this summer in France it looked delicious (food and riding). BF and I dream of such a trip. Thanks for the heads up...

DebW
02-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Just bumping this up since the event is in 2 days. Maybe I'll see a few of you there.

Surlygirl
02-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Hey DebW, how will we recognize you? Hubby and I may go depending on our babysitter situation.

DebW
02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Surly, I'm 5'6", 130 lb, 50 yo, grey hair, glasses. Hope that doesn't describe too many people.

Surlygirl
02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey DebW did you go to the Landry's thing? We couldn't get our babysitter so couldn't make it. Was it good?

DebW
02-15-2006, 01:37 PM
It was pretty good. The Trek presentation didn't play off the CD, but we had a nice slide show about cycling in the Bordeaux region of France and about the MS150 ride. Not a great loss if you couldn't make it, but nice enough.

Crankin
02-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Jody, if you want to see pics of a Trek Travel Tour, I can show you my album of my Czech Republic/Austria trip. It's a little dorky... my husband had the photos put into one of those "white books" like the kind I have my students use for writing and wrote captions, etc. I know it was supposed to be for our 25th anniversary, but I thought it was a bit much. It's very professional looking, though!

Robyn