PDA

View Full Version : friction question

triflor
01-24-2006, 01:38 PM
This one is a bit awkward to ask but... I find that the place I have the most difficulty with friction when riding is my clitoris. This is pretty problematic as it leaves the area super sensitive, prevents enjoying other things, and occasionally even makes urination painful. Any suggestions!?!

SadieKate
01-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Try searching the forums for chamois cream, saddles sores, etc. You'll find lots and lots and lots of info, comments, opinions and suggestions.

Dianyla
01-24-2006, 02:19 PM
I have a very similar problem. This might also have to do with the way you're built. If you have a "big man in a little boat", it will bear the brunt of friction and problems. A saddle with a cutout in front is worth serious consideration, in addition to the chamois cream.

triflor
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I've tried Body Glide, but I find it too gummy, which just makes it worse. Is chamois butter similar do you know?

tatormc
01-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Another thing to check is the nose of your saddle. I started using a new saddle last May and noticed some irritation. I slowly lowered it so that each ride got better and better until there was no more irritation.

Dianyla
01-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I've tried Body Glide, but I find it too gummy, which just makes it worse. Is chamois butter similar do you know?
Body Glide is way too solid and dry to use in a moist area like that. I like body glide for dry skin areas, though. Chamois cream is more like the consistency of an anti-yeast medication, creamy and kinda "fluffy" whipped-like.

nicolezoie
02-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Be really careful with this type of friction. A couple years ago, I got a blister on the hood that caused me to go to the doctor to make sure it wasn't anything else but irritation from riding... I was off my bike 2+ weeks allowing THAT to heal. Owwch. :eek: It was caused by a couple things - shorts that were too old to really be useful for padding or for wicking moisture away, wearing underpants seam-side-in under my shorts, and generally being too hot & sweaty there from all that. I did try adjusting the nose of my saddle a fraction, and while that did help a little, the things that helped most were nixing the undees and using Chamois Buttr.

Nanci
02-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Try putting the "man in the boat" off to one side, if you can! I'm glad I am dealing with more like a baby in a, um, what's snuggly but really protective? So I don't really have that problem. But I've noticed that sometimes when I sit, stuff just ends up like that, and it's comfortable.

Nanci