PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate-Covered Espresso Beans

Nanci
01-23-2006, 02:41 PM
So, I'm officially addicted to these. They are 190 calories for 1/4 cup, and 23 grams of carbs and 8 grams of fat.

Has anyone used them as an energy source during a long distance event? I know ultra runners swear by them. I'm thinking that toward the end of a long ride, the caffiene might be just the thing. And one serving is a decent amount of energy, too.

Just looking for anecdotal support for my new craving!

Nanci

SadieKate
01-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Chico Velo serves Trader Joe's dark chocolate beans at their rest stops. Has very at least a couple years. I've taken them on rides but it doens't work in warm weather.

snapdragen
01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Waving hands wildly...fellow addict here. I can't buy them often, or I devour them in one sitting. Caffiene Buzz!

jobob
01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.biospace.com/news_story.aspx?StoryId=7052

Caffeine: Sex Potion For Females?

Caffeine may put females in the mood for sex, a new study shows. In the study, female rats that got their first shot of caffeine before mating were quicker than uncaffeinated females to scurry back to a male rat after sex. The caffeinated females weren't just looking for company. "It looks as if they wanted to have sex again," researcher Fay Guarraci, PhD, tells WebMD. Might caffeine also rev up women's sex lives? Maybe, but it's too early to say, says Guarraci, an assistant professor of psychology at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. The study, titled "Coffee, Tea, and Me," is due to appear in an upcoming issue of Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior.

- jo "test rat" bob

nuthatch
01-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I love those things! I also love dark chocolate covered ginger pieces and I rationalize those because ginger is supposed to be a digestive aid and good for the immune system. Haaaahaaa! :p

Lise
01-23-2006, 08:34 PM
well that's it. I'm never consuming "Gu" again! :D I adore the chocolate beanies, but have treated them like forbidden fruit...who knows why. Anyways...now that I'm an athlete, bring on the dark chocolate covered espresso beans! Whoo hooo!

;) L.

Grog
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
well that's it. I'm never consuming "Gu" again! :D I adore the chocolate beanies, but have treated them like forbidden fruit...who knows why. Anyways...now that I'm an athlete, bring on the dark chocolate covered espresso beans! Whoo hooo!

And remember: dark chocolat contains more antioxydants than Brussel sprouts!!

CorsairMac
01-23-2006, 08:59 PM
http://www.biospace.com/news_story.aspx?StoryId=7052

Caffeine: Sex Potion For Females?

Caffeine may put females in the mood for sex, a new study shows. In the study, female rats that got their first shot of caffeine before mating were quicker than uncaffeinated females to scurry back to a male rat after sex. The caffeinated females weren't just looking for company. "It looks as if they wanted to have sex again," researcher Fay Guarraci, PhD, tells WebMD. Might caffeine also rev up women's sex lives? Maybe, but it's too early to say, says Guarraci, an assistant professor of psychology at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. The study, titled "Coffee, Tea, and Me," is due to appear in an upcoming issue of Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior.

- jo "test rat" bob

well there ya go - must be why I'm still single!

<-----heading off to buy as much chocolate-covered espresso beans as I can find! :eek: ;) :p

massbikebabe
01-24-2006, 08:32 AM
I used to commute 85 miles, and then work 10pm till 6am, and then drive the 85 miles back home again...ate me a bucket full of those beans back then.
Can't look at them now:rolleyes:

karen (SCA)
sipping my first coffee of the day

Lise
01-24-2006, 08:17 PM
And remember: dark chocolat contains more antioxydants than Brussel sprouts!!
As if I'd ever forget! :p

If I ever actually like anyone I meet from match.com, I'm going to buy dark chocolate covered espresso beans in bulk. :eek: Watch out!

:D L.

Grog
01-24-2006, 09:53 PM
As if I'd ever forget! :p

If I ever actually like anyone I meet from match.com, I'm going to buy dark chocolate covered espresso beans in bulk. :eek: Watch out!

Let's also note that a comparable quantity of brussel sprouts would lead to a less sexy evening!!!! :eek:

CorsairMac
01-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Let's also note that a comparable quantity of brussel sprouts would lead to a less sexy evening!!!! :eek:

well - unless he's Ewell Gibbons! (ok ladies...That'll stretch your memories)

SadieKate
01-25-2006, 10:55 AM
You, too, can live on bark alone.

CorsairMac
01-25-2006, 10:56 AM
You, too, can live on bark alone.

ROFLMAO - as soon as I saw your name by the "new posts" I KNEW you would know who he was!! kudos my friend!!!

SadieKate
01-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Between Ewell Gibbons and Adelle Davis it is a wonder I survived childhood.

Trek420
01-25-2006, 11:54 AM
CorsairMac who's "<-----heading off to buy as much chocolate-covered espresso beans as I can find! :eek: ;) :p"

now that this study out we expect a report later if you found the single guys hanging out around the chocolate covered espresso beans. :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

trek-pedals off to find a lab rat-420

Surlygirl
01-25-2006, 12:03 PM
well - unless he's Ewell Gibbons! (ok ladies...That'll stretch your memories)

I remember, I remember. Oh maybe that isn't a good thing.
Their use to be a joke about him. First Ewell Gibbons was eating Nature and now Nature is eating him. :D
Sorry couldn't resist.

CorsairMac
01-27-2006, 10:14 AM
I remember, I remember. Oh maybe that isn't a good thing.
Their use to be a joke about him. First Ewell Gibbons was eating Nature and now Nature is eating him. :D
Sorry couldn't resist.

ROFLMAO!!!! Loved it! wait - wouldn't that just be "recycling"? :p

CorsairMac
01-27-2006, 10:15 AM
CorsairMac who's "<-----heading off to buy as much chocolate-covered espresso beans as I can find! :eek: ;) :p"

now that this study out we expect a report later if you found the single guys hanging out around the chocolate covered espresso beans. :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

trek-pedals off to find a lab rat-420

oooo - wonder if I can get government funding to study this?? :cool:

massbikebabe
01-27-2006, 10:42 AM
if you do get funding, count me in. Maybe some good beans is just what this twisted ole body needs:o

sca:D

CorsairMac
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
if you do get funding, count me in. Maybe some good beans is just what this twisted ole body needs:o

sca:D

want me to send you some chocolate-covered jumping beans?? ;)

Surlygirl
01-27-2006, 12:21 PM
want me to send you some chocolate-covered jumping beans?? ;)

Now THAT would be funny.
They have a dispenser machine at Bike Alley so you can get your fix while looking at all the pretty bikes. Maybe its a new selling technique.