PDA

View Full Version : Solo in the French Pyrenees

Suze
09-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Now I'm sitting in Logan, waiting for a plane to Toulouse...Leaving today for three weeks of solo cycling to explore the Pyrenees Atlantiques, finishing in the Hautes Pyrenees with a climb up Col du Tourmalet. ... what could be better?? I am hoping for a leisurely journey, enjoying traveling by bike to experience the Pays Basque and Béarn, of the French Pyrenees: the region of an ancient culture, full of historic sites, art and architure, culture and food ... and of course, magnificent landscapes, beautiful small roads, and loads of climbing. I've been enjoying TE forum and hope some of you will follow along, and add your comments. I will post photos and reports as I go at my site. Www.susancycling.blogspot.com. Happy pedalling!

indysteel
09-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Wow; what a trip! I love that you're doing this on your own. How cool is that?!!!

Have a wonderful and safe ride. I look forward to reading your blog.

azfiddle
09-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Sounds fabulous! Have a great trip.

lovelygamer
09-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Enjoy your wonderful cycling trip! :D

tulip
09-07-2012, 05:02 AM
That spends like a wonderful trip! I've done a couple of similar trips in other parts of France, but not in the Pyrenees, yet! I hope you have a great time. I look forward to reading your blog.

Suze
09-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone! My bike and I made it through the flights fine and without damage. I'm tired but so glad to be here in Toulouse. St. Jean de Luz by train tomorrow.