PDA

View Full Version : Nike Road Shoes

Aint Doody
01-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I have some Nike Road Shoes for sale. They are the grey ones with accents in lavender. I have size 40 which translates roughly to a US size 8. There are 3 velcro straps. I did wear them some. They have SPD cleats on the bottom. I think I paid around $95 for them last spring. I would be happy to get $40 for them, and I'll pay the shipping--in the US. Any takers???

Googlie Wooglie
01-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Good shoes. I have the pink ones. I'd take 'em if they weren't so tiny.

-Googlie Wooglie of the Amazon

texas_emily
01-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I'll take 'em if they are still available! Please PM me so that we can work out details.

Nanci
01-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Are you the Emily of Zen and the Art of Triathlon fame? You have to be!

Nanci

texas_emily
01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Not that I'm aware. I'm curious though. Can you tell me more about it?

-Emily

Nanci
01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I listen to this Podcast, Zen and the Art of Triathlon, by this guy named Brett, from College Station Texas. I listen to it (and other podcasts both triathlon-related and not) while I put in many hours on my bike. In fact, I attribute my ability to stay on my bike for virtually as long as I want to to my interest in and amusement by podcasting- riding is the only time I really have to listen, and I can't wait to get on my bike and tune in. I frequently blather on to my BF and on this forum about some nugget of wisdom I have learned by listening to Zen, such as "the wind is our friend" and "training on rough roads makes us not mind them on race day." Strangely, no one else seems to even know what I am talking about, (podcasts) much less join in my appreciation. Zen is one of my very favorites. Its host, Brett, goes on about his daily business of taking care of the baby, Kai, while training for various triathlons. There is a cast of regular guests including his wife Emily, a triathlete herself. While there is a wealth of technical information, there is a lot of just plain Brett giving a running commentary on whatever activity he, Kai, Emily, the dogs, etc. happen to be doing at the moment. For some reason, I find this very relaxing and look forward eagerly to each new show.

Sound familiar? ;-)

Nanci

texas_emily
01-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks for explaining! Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not the same Emily. I am familiar with the "wind is your friend" mantra, though. It really gets gusty in College Station.

You've got me wondering if I've ever run across Brett and Emily on the road or at the pool. Hmmm :rolleyes: .