PDA

View Full Version : Hamstrings

Dogmama
05-26-2003, 04:58 AM
I've been nursing a hamstring pull for about four months now. You'd think that cycling wouldn't aggravate it, but it does. Of course, getting off of the bike is the absolute last result. I've been doing NSAIDS, ice, etc., but it's still a problem. Any advice?

I'm very into alternative therapies, so if anybody has had results, let me know.

Thanks

goddess1222
05-26-2003, 08:00 AM
i lightly strained my hamstring in my running days and found it to be about 6 months before i really didn't feel the pull anymore. i don't have any real advice and i am sure you are doing all the right things. light stretching is good too.

aka_kim
05-26-2003, 05:00 PM
I had a hamstring problem last year and found that slightly lowering the saddle (1/4 to 1/2 inch) helped a lot.

Kim

LovesFrance
06-02-2003, 10:53 AM
I have discovered a miracle muscle cream: It's homeopathic, called Arnica Gel. (My mother it's an "Old-fashioned" cure, so it's been around for a while.) I use it on my back and it works immediately!

Dogmama
06-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Do you know what the brand is? I'm really desperate. Road about 100 miles last week and I'm really feeling it. Massage isn't helping at all.

TIA

Kim

Irulan
06-03-2003, 05:39 AM
Arnica is a standard homeotapathic remedy. Any good "vitamain cotttage " type store or health food market should have it. Have you tried Tiger Balm, I prefer it to arnica. (Arnica is the name of the herb, not the brand)

Irulan

Joycily
06-08-2003, 07:55 AM
I have been having an odd hamstring problem for several weeks. Turns out that I had somehow wrenched my tailbone out of alignment w/my pelvis, which led to my pelvis and hip joint becoming out of alignment, which led to hamstring pain when I ride (especially when I go up hills)

Rest, ice, and arnica only went so far. I finally went to a chiropracter that I trusted and he put everything back in place. Now I'm waiting for my muscles to stop freaking out over the adjustment *wry grin*, but my hamstring does feel better!

I hope you are able to find a solution soon!

-j