PDA

View Full Version : Trails in Vantage or Leavenworth?

Irulan
05-22-2003, 11:42 AM
I may be acconmpanying a group of climbers this weekend, and if I can have some mountain biking to do I would be soo happy, thanks

Irulan

waterlilli
05-23-2003, 07:06 AM
I have only rode three places there yet.
Derby Canyon- really confusing and if you get the wrong way, straight down rock.

Freund Canyon- Really fun, nice but hard ride up and a blast down. If you do not have directions you can ask at the local LBS, they turned us on to this ride. I believe it is out chumstick highway.

Devils Gulch- popular for a reason. You must do this one. Directions: Casmere from west take the first exit from east take second. sraight to Division Street becomes Pioneer. Turn left on Mission Creek Road for 7.4 miles to a junction, take the left road 7100 for 2.7 miles to the turn out. Park ride enjoy. It is 20 miles well worth it. If you have a shuttle then continue on to the top and ride half of it. You can also do Red mt.

Lake Wenatchee also has riding trails.

Let me know what you find there!

Irulan
05-26-2003, 08:07 AM
the trip ended up being a one-dayer so I stayed here. but I'll be going back for sure for 3 days to Wenatchee in August.

Irulan

waterlilli
05-26-2003, 09:59 AM
It is a fun place to ride. Disclaimer: always check my directions!! I am dirctionally challenged. Have fun.