PDA

View Full Version : bike waiting rant

waterlilli
05-22-2003, 07:36 AM
I have to rant. This will be week 8 that I have been waiting for my new bike! I can not wait anymore. I am going crazy. 8weeks!!!!! Okay rant over, thank you.

goddess1222
05-22-2003, 08:15 AM
ouch. long time. what kind of bike are you getting?

waterlilli
05-22-2003, 08:25 AM
It is a Santa Cruz Juliana. I just built up an used Enduro Pro to play around on, so I am not bikeless, but I put a coil and I want a DC fork, maybe a 24 inch tire (I have mixed feelings on that) on it for more of a freeride/Whistler trashing bike. The Juliana will be my baby, it will actually fit

Kpicha
05-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Call around to different shops and see if they have one in stock. Many times, there will be one.

Did I understand you correctly? You want to put a Dual crown fork on the Juliana? If that's the case, more than likely you would void the warranty and the height of the fork would really mess up the handling of the bike. I don't even think the Enduro can take a DC either. Is a small Bullit too big for you? If you could, I would go with that frame if you're really looking to freeride/DH. Sounds like you've got a lot of fun plans for the summer!

Cheers,
Kristina

waterlilli
05-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Oh no I would never put a dc on a Juliana, it will be stricktly a cross country bike. As far as the Enduro goes a dual will fit, I am not worried about warranty

Kpicha
05-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Cool! What year/size is your Enduro and what kind of fork did you put on it? I was so close to buying one but no one around had a small for me to try out. I tried the Medium but it was a bit too big and I didn't want to blindly buy a small in case it was way too small.

So, what color Juliana did you get?

Irulan
05-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Kpicha
I was so close to buying one but no one around had a small for me to try out. I tried the Medium but it was a bit too big and I didn't want to blindly buy a small in case it was way too small.

don't you just HATE that? and they won't order because you wn't promise to buy it, and you won't promise to buy it unless you can try it.....aargh!!!! Ijust about gave up on shops last year.

Irualn

Kpicha
05-24-2003, 02:43 PM
LOL! Yeah, seriously! Well, at least I had an idea of what I didn't want before I ordered online. It seems like no matter what brand I was looking for, NO ONE would get a small for me unless I was going to buy. I gave up and ordered from the web and did perfectly well! :)

Irulan
05-24-2003, 02:54 PM
what did you end up getting ( I should know but I forget)
I had pretty much given up buying in town and then I found the bike I now have barely used.

Irulan

Kpicha
05-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Turner XCE :D The bestest bike I ever had :) Now I can't decide if I'm more comfortable with a 70 mm or 90 mm stem :rolleyes: So many decisions.

Irulan
05-24-2003, 07:57 PM
my buddy Lisa rides one of those, ooohh... boutique bike....oohh...
;-)

Irulan

Kpicha
05-25-2003, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I was looking for a bike with a better fit (I had an Ironhorse Hollowpoint before) and looked high and low for a 5 inch travel bike. Checked out the Heckler but I was too small for the Medium and the small has a 20" Top tube!!?? What's up with that? SO, I knew that was too small. I started looking at the Enduro and I really liked the geometry of the bike but wasn't too impressed with the handling but figured I could live with it. I called every bike shop within 30 miles of me that sold Specialized and none of them could come up with a small for me to even try:( Sooo, I saw that Supergo was blowing out the XCE's (we made a pretty big mistake in our tax return last year in our favor that helped finnaced this buy) and after everything I'd heard about them, I really struggled with going from 5" to 4" of travel but figured with the fit and reputation, I couldn't go wrong.
I could only go by the numbers that were posted as far as fit goes. So, I was really taking a leap of faith but with the steeper seat tube angle and slacker head tube, I figured I'd be okay.

So, I broke down and ordered a 15" Metallic Silver and waited for a month for it to come in. I'm not too keen on the silver, I really would have liked red but I can always spring for some kind of neato paint job down the road.:D Hmm, like Hawaiin flowers or something? :)

Ok, Waterlilli, sorry I hijacked your thread!:o

So, what color Juliana did you order and how much longer do you have? I'm partial to the rootbeer but I'm not sure how it would look on that bike. Trans red and blue are pretty awesome too. What build kit did you go with?

Cheers,
Kristina

waterlilli
05-27-2003, 08:36 AM
My Juliana will be polished with a black swingarm! I like the rootbeer as well, and really wanted purple. The Endro is the 2002, size small. It is okay, it does not fit me like the Juliana does. I was lucky to find a Juli to ride before purchase. Shops suck at serving small people. The Endro does not handle as well as I would like, but it is great for trashing. My parts are here for my Juli to be built up so I am just waiting waiting waiting. Have fun!

Kpicha
05-27-2003, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah, that's right you did tell me that. Its going to be nice looking! Enjoy! :)