PDA

View Full Version : Hey Snapdragen...

bikerchick68
01-09-2006, 12:40 PM
You're coming to SD on the weekend of the 28th??? Are you bringing a bike? Wanna ride? Wanna meet for dinner? Lemme know... also is this work or pleasure???

bikerchick68
01-20-2006, 08:46 AM
uhhhh... did I make ya mad somehow??? :confused: did ya see this note yet? Let me know... I have had the pleasure of meeting several riders from the message forums (mostly bicycling.com) including a couple rides with Caligurl and her DH and always enjoy meeting people who don't yawn when I talk about cadence, lycra and Gu. LOL :) Let me know if you have time to say hi OK?

snapdragen
01-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Oh shoot, I'm sorry! I saw your original message and then promply had a brain fart and forgot!

Unfortunately I won't have any spare time this trip - I'm meeting up with a group of friends who have my weekend planned from beginning to end :eek:

I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with San Diego, so I'll be back! Maybe a Northern California TE contingent can make the trip south :cool:

bikerchick68
01-20-2006, 08:52 AM
okey doke! have a great time! weather has been awesome... supposed to be in the 70's again all weekend this week!:D catcha next trip!

Bike Goddess
01-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Maybe we can come down and do the AMTRAK Century. Isn't that close to you?

cindysue
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with San Diego, so I'll be back! Maybe a Northern California TE contingent can make the trip south :cool:

no doubt! I lived there for 7 years. Truly miss the weather, the nice beaches (well, relatively so [I also lived in Hawaii for 3 years]), and the laid back folks. But the Bay Area has its benefits: beautiful green landscapes to hike/bike, awesome skiing just a couple hours away (when traffic isn't too bad), and fantastic restaurants (vegetarians can truly rejoice!)

I still have friends there and would LOVE LOVE LOVE a trip to SD. Just say when....

Veronica
01-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Well it's not quite San Diego, but there is the Cool Breeze in August.

I'd kind of like to do this one in early August. You Southern CA girls could do a road trip up here for it.

V.

http://www.shastasummitcentury.com/

bikerchick68
01-23-2006, 02:54 PM
I plan to ride the Amtrack as well as Cool Breeze this year... trying for the century a month club, lord help me! LOL

for Amtrack I will drive over to the station, load my bike, ride up on the train and then ride back to SD... if anyone comes in for it, let me know... I have 2 guest rooms... one with a queen bed (2 of you could share it if you're good enough friends!) and a single bed in the other room... would save ya $$$ on the hotel thing... and the house is alarmed so the bikes are safe... LOL!

I've heard it's a good ride... I ride a part of it regularly since I always ride the coast in the summer once it gets hot inland where I live! Feb is Tour de Palm Springs... should be fun too... :)

Jan 14 I rode the Stagecoach Century... OMG... it was BRUTAL! 20-30mph head and cross winds for the entire 50 mile 5000ft climb to lunch... 8-9mph was the speed for the stretch out... once we hit 12mph and felt like we were flying!:eek: :D