PDA

View Full Version : Lots of white stuff

Surlygirl
01-04-2006, 11:38 AM
CorsairMac where are you my friend? How is the weather there? Has it warmed up yet? We had the third highest totals in the state yesterday with 9.5 inches on the ground and a few more predicted tonight. Wahooo.
A few towns over they only had a little snow and rain. Guess I'll have to work on that anti snow dance. :D

CorsairMac
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm right here my friend - it was 62 yesterday with plentiful ( they use that word on the weather channel LOL) sunshine and windy.

Today it's 47, plentiful sunshine and calm. The temps are due to climb again starting tomorrow and reach the mid-60s again by Sat. These darn cold fronts are Most distressing! :p

Did that help any??

SadieKate
01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
:eek: Wait, wait, wait. If the weather warms up, what snow we have finally been getting in the Sierras will all melt and go where? Downstream! Into our already overflowing rivers. :eek: I know, I know. I love warm riding weather also, but right now Kalifonia needs her snow pack.

I wish Mother Nature would throw her tantrums at night and be gentle and kind during the day so we can all ride. Oh, yeah, some of you commute at night. We all just need to start migrating like some giant herd of geese 'cuz we'd certainly sound like them, chatterboxes that we are.:p

Surlygirl
01-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm right here my friend - it was 62 yesterday with plentiful ( they use that word on the weather channel LOL) sunshine and windy.

Today it's 47, plentiful sunshine and calm. The temps are due to climb again starting tomorrow and reach the mid-60s again by Sat. These darn cold fronts are Most distressing! :p

Did that help any??

It helped a little. 70's or above would work better though. What I remember about NM is when we flew across country in our little experimental airplane we stopped in Angel Fire. Beautiful place, mountains, hot air balloons, temp in the 70's. That night we camped in a tent and at 4:30am woke up freezing to death. We never did get warm again, but all the hot air balloons rising at dawn certainly was a spectacular site. A very fickle lady that NM. Of course in New England the saying is "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute it will change". :D

massbikebabe
01-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Sadie:

Bein the nice people that we are, Surly and I would be happy to give y'all our snow...but I am happy to hear you gals are still on dry land. Was wondering if I needed to put arc building into my therapy.

karen
practice hammering with one hand for me TE Arc...bikes come aboard 2 by 2

Surlygirl
01-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah and if we are going to send Spazz out there you better make sure she has nice weather. I'm not sure going from snow to lots of rain will be a selling point. She needs a lawn chair, margarita, some nachos and Sunny weather. Somebody better get her some sunscreen. :D

SadieKate
01-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Karen, keep that Ark project in mind. I wish I could find some good aerial or satellite photos. It is amazing the amount of water that has flowed lately and there is obviously more to come, but without cold weather we don't get a snow pack and then California has no water to get us through the summer and keep the fishies happy (let alone fire danger issues). 1997 was the last time we had such floods.

The Pacific Northwest has had droughts for several years now. I've been so focused on California's weather that I don't know about them. Hey, you WA and OR girls! How's the water supply?

CorsairMac
01-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Sadie:

Bein the nice people that we are, Surly and I would be happy to give y'all our snow...but I am happy to hear you gals are still on dry land. Was wondering if I needed to put arc building into my therapy.

karen
practice hammering with one hand for me TE Arc...bikes come aboard 2 by 2

but if you send all your snow out the CA - how will you make broken snow angels???

Inquiring minds want to know...............................

Surlygirl
01-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Okay, now I'm going to wet my pants laughing again. :D :D :D
sorry Karen

massbikebabe
01-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Just so you gurls know...

I got me some special tips for my canes so I don't end up on me a$$ in the snow again. I did take a dive in though so I could see how my angel is progressing, it ain't pretty. My son came up with the brilliant idea of replacing my cane with my dead arm and leg and swooshing this in the snow. Now I have an angel with a giant left wing and a small sorry looking right wing. Will that poor dear ever be perfected??

karenangel
do be a dear and laugh with me

Sadie;
We are trying to goggle earth you poor kids. My bro tells me it is awful. Tells me CA is becoming Louisiana with mud!! Let us know if you need ANYTHING!!

SadieKate
01-04-2006, 09:40 PM
There was some flooding in Sacramento, but I think the north peninsula (San Anselmo, Mill Valley, Marin) took it worse and probably up Wabisabi's way. Areas affected by tidal influence are at risk.

We just got home from a night ride and the bad areas on campus are draining. It was sunny today, but I know we have more to come. My particular area is just fine as long as you don't mind living on a shrinking, ever-changing island.

CorsairMac
01-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Well and the OK/TX area is under wildfires! Keeping both sides of NM in my prayers!!

Karen my friend: You Really need to be taking pictures! I Love the visuals you keep sharing with us but just imagine the smile it'll bring to your already sunny personality in the later years! As for your angel - think of it as the butterfuly coming out of it's cocoon (how the heck do you spell that word?), sometimes both wings aren't equal until the butterfly has had a chance to dry them off, work them and get the whatever they use for blood flowing through it. So I'm guessing your angel just needs to dry her wing off a little more, get some more juice flowing through it and she'll be right as rain. (oops...sorry CA Girls)

I meant she'll be right as..............ummmmmmmm......can be!! :D

wabisabi
01-05-2006, 11:59 AM
The flooding up here seems to be receding, revealing roads that are even WORSE for wear than they were, which was not very good, some hellacious potholes, and big swaths of mud across the roads. A lot of fields are still flooded. I hear that most roads are at least open with one lane, except going north. Yesterday was pretty clear and warm and today isn't bad either, and most people seem to have gotten their electricity back on. It was very hard to be inside at work yesterday with blue sky actually showing. It sounds like Guerneville/Sonoma really got it, those rivers really swell up.

CorsairMac
01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
thanks for checking in! I never know for sure where in weather-beaten states my TE friends are so I just do a generic prayer for everyone! Good news on the roads being open again - even if they are worse for wear. Sounds like a MTB ride might be in order! ;)

massbikebabe
01-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Corsair...

ROFLMAO!! You just kill me girl. I will take some pictures!! Actually it's more fun seeing me trying to get my fat fanny onto, and then off the ground. This sitting home with no biking is sure adding the pounds...:D

I'll pm you a pic when I get one...

karen
still laughing