PDA

View Full Version : Cateye 7 Wireless Computer problems

nicolezoie
01-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Ever since I got a new wheelset, my computer keeps malfunctioning: the ride-time functions properly, but the speed, avg speed, and distance traveled are all off. I tried moving the sensor on the spoke a little to see if that helped, but it seemed to make things worse. Before I moved the sensor, the low speed stuff was accurate, but the computer would stop sensing speed at higher speeds. After I moved the sensor, the lower speeds are waay off, and although it does register the correct speed periodically on higher speeds, the higher speed drops 4-5 mph. I did change batteries recently, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Help please? :)

Eden
01-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Where the sensor is on the spoke shouldn't make any difference as all really does is count each time your wheel makes a full revolution. What probably happened is that your new wheels and or tires are a bit different circumference than your old ones, so you need to reset that number in your computer. You may need to pysically measure. If you want to be very accurate have someone help you so that you can be on the bike. Using chalk or pencil and a concrete surface mark out one full revolution of your front wheel with your weight on the bike. The measured result in millimeters will be the circumference number that needs to be entered into your computer and should clear up your accuracy problems.

nicolezoie
01-10-2006, 11:09 AM
I figured out what the problem was.

The fork-mounted sensor has three positions where the wheel-mounted magnet makes the sensor "click". Turns out that my particular bike/sensor/magnet combo likes the magnet in the "highest" position. Everything seems to be working properly now. :D