PDA

View Full Version : Shebeest Wind Pro Tights

SadieKate
01-01-2006, 04:56 PM
It's that time of year again for reviews of tights. This was a Christmas gift to myself. Hey, when you're suddenly telecommuting fulltime you spend a lot less money on gas! :p

Any way, I love these tights. Wore them over a pair of Descente shorts for my first official night time ride last night. At 11 pm last night, it was 50 degrees with a pretty good wind coming across the acres and acres of flooded fields so wind chill was noticeable. They were almost too warm. We were only riding mtbikes so our speed wasn't terribly fast but I think I could ride in significantly colder temps and faster speed.

They don't fit as tightly as regularly cycling tights so you could easily pull them over a tight with a chamois if you want to ride in really, really, cold temps. They didn't move around and I didn't notice any annoying seams, just toasty warm and comfy soft inside.

Not sure the legs are as long as advertised. TE site says they are 1" longer than the Tech Tight, but I didn't find it so.

Big thumbs up for these tights and I look forward to a faster and colder ride to see how they perform. I thinks you all who are acclimated to even colder temperatures would find they work really well. I expect they'd be good for XC skiing also.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=2499

snowtulip
01-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm so glad you posted this, since before Christmas I go to the store pick up the windpro fleece tights walk around with them and put them back
($85.00). I've done this at least three time (I know, on the brink of crazy). I just wasn't sure and am trying to be thrifty, so I might have to go back and purchase them instead of walk around with them.
Thanks!

BleeckerSt_Girl
09-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I just got these windpro leggings too, and am very happy with them. They are smooth fitting, and will slide on over other shorts. I love the leg zippers. I noticed the rain beaded up on my front thighs, so as claimed, they are somewhat water resistant there.
Nice soft warm lining too, but not too bulky. Comfy, with good crotch gusseting.
Medium fits me very well- 5'5", 140 lbs.

Kano
09-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Lisa, I think you're going to love these pants!

The fabric description sounds very similar to the fabric I used to make ski pants a couple of years ago, and yes, that's right, out in the snow all day, granted, I do wear underlayers (yes plural, I didn't grow up in Minnesota for nothing!) but I'm VERY cozy in them! Even when DH leaves my camelbak not quite tightly shut and water oozes down my back on the lift first thing in the morning! (yes, I went indoors and fixed that issue!)

Karen in Boise

BleeckerSt_Girl
09-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, I like them already.
They fit nicely alone, or also over my long UnderArmour cold weather leggings.
I love that the rain beaded up on my thighs and I just brushed it off! They look very cool too, with the different fabric panels and curvy side seam. :)