PDA

View Full Version : Better Riding Weather? I hope so........

annie
12-29-2005, 07:41 PM
OK, I'm here in Iowa. Been watching the roads, waiting till they weren't covered with snow, slush, large puddles, etc. Finally decided I couldn't wait any longer. I am SICK TO DEATH of the indoor trainer. :-( So I pumped the tires, layered on the cold weather gear, and went for a ride this morning. I su*ked after weeks off the bike!! Literally - sucked air big time on the hills. Still - I did not care! It was wonderful to be outside on the bike. I needed that so bad! I feel rejuvenated. Like me again. A bike rider! Slower than I'd like to be, but yet, riding! Can you see/sense my huge grin, just thinking about it???? :-) :-)
Here's hoping others in this part of the USA are also able to get out there on your bikes. Yes?? Are you there????

annie

Trekhawk
12-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Sounds like you had a great ride. I got out yesterday and it was great and just as well as they are predicting storms over the New Year weekend.

Hope you get some breaks in the weather and more time outside.

Happy and safe winter riding.

Leslie:)

Selkie
12-30-2005, 09:34 AM
The snow/ice is finally gone here in the DC area. It's been decently warm, too, but we have rain predicted tomorrow and a couple days next week. I won't complain, however. So long as the trails/roads are snow/ice free and I can ride outside after the rain's stopped, I'm content. Early this month, I wasn't able to ride outside for two weeks because of lingering ice/grey snow glaciers.

Annie, forgive me for being a baby. I know you have it much worse out your way, so I'll send you wishes for a mild rest-of-winter. If that doesn't work, you might want to invest in some Spinervals to spice up your indoor workouts. I guarantee that you won't be sucking wind when you get back outside if your indoor bike sessons are Spinervals!

cyclingnewbie
01-01-2006, 04:56 PM
I got my hybrid off the trainer and out on the streets in my neighborhood today! It was great to get out, finally. I bought a new road bike last spring, which for more than a few reasons only has 264 miles on it and has been in my living room since fall. So taking my older bike outside for an actual ride was a terrific treat! My goal for this year is to ride the wheels off the new road bike, but I have been off the bikes for so many months that I'm really going to have to work hard. I was thrilled to death to get a tiny start on New Year's Day! Yippee!! I hope everyone gets a mild winter and clear roads soon!

annie
01-02-2006, 09:52 AM
All right! Glad to hear there's people getting out in mid-winter. And what better way to begin a new year than with a bike ride! I, too, got out yesterday, first day of 2006. Cloudy and gloomy, but dry and temps in the high 30's. Can't complain about that! Rainy and ugly today, but not looking too bad for the next 10 days.

annie