PDA

View Full Version : Advise pls. 2012 mamba trek or 2012 specialized HT myka elite

agnesauda
04-20-2012, 11:06 PM
im planning to buy a bike and it's my 1st time to buy a nice bike. any suggestion? I am 5'3 tall.. pls help :)
thnx

goldfinch
04-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Where do you plan to ride? Dirt roads? Bike paths? Pavement? Single track/mountain bike trails?

agnesauda
04-21-2012, 11:25 AM
pavements and roughroads. I'll use it everyday for exercise.

goldfinch
04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Have you tried these out? Does either feel better than the other? What appeals to you about these two bikes? Try as many bikes as possible to see what feels best for you. Sometimes it is hard when you are shorter to find bikes to try, I know, I am always dead-ending on that issue.

I am also looking at the Myka to use as a mountain bike, pretty much exclusively on trails and ratty dirt roads. It seems to have pretty good reviews. I am not looking at the Mamba as it is a 29'er. Wheels to big for this small person. I don't know how well it would fit you, it might be fine.

Besides trying these out I would also suggest trying out lighter bikes, without the big wheels/tire and suspension fork, if you are going to mostly ride on pavement. For example, a hybrid like the Trek FX series, Giant Dash, Cannondale Quick, etc.