PDA

View Full Version : SK, I asked for that wacky, droopy saddle for

slinkedog
12-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Christmas. We'll see if I get it. If I do and it works out, I'm coming to Davis for a ride and I'll bring you the Avocet.

We'll see if Santa fulfills my saddle wish. :)

SadieKate
12-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Sounds like a good plan! :D

slinkedog
12-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I got the saddle, SadieKate! We'll install it tomorrow (I'm at my sister's right now) and give it a go. I'll let you know how I like it. It sure is goofy looking, but if it's comfortable, I'll use it anyway!!

SadieKate
12-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Nice Santa!

slinkedog
12-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Did inaugural ride yesterday and the jury is still out. Soft tissues are VERY HAPPY! It's wide at the back and cuts in gradually, so the back of my legs are really rubbing against that part of the saddle. I'm thinking the men's version might be better, but I'm going to give myself a chance to get used to it. LOVE the cutout, though. You can practically get your whole hand through it. The winkie is happy. ;)

snapdragen
12-30-2005, 01:22 PM
What saddle is this slinke?

slinkedog
12-30-2005, 02:33 PM
It's the Selle SMP Strike saddle... there appears to be only one model that has a womens' specific design. Here's a link to some pictures of it:

http://www.albabici.com/selle/lady/strike-lady-mp.htm

Blaine got me one for Christmas and I'm hoping to tweak it to make it work.

snapdragen
12-30-2005, 04:42 PM
OH my....if one had a dirty mind :rolleyes: one could see all kinds of things in that saddle....:rolleyes:

Hope it works out for you - saddle discomfort is not good.:)

slinkedog
12-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I think it was SK who said that this saddle needs viagara. ;)

I don't care how wacky it looks as long as I can find one that's comfortable!! I've had success with the Avocet in the sitbones region, but not in the soft tissue region. This new one makes for a happy winkie, but not happy sitbones. I'm going to keep tweaking it, tho, and see what happens.