PDA

View Full Version : One last ski...

ridebikeme
03-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Since yesterday, we have received 3-4 inches of snow. Last week we were in the 80's most of the week, so definitely a big change.:confused:

At any rate, rather that feeling "blue" because it was playing havoc with my riding plans, I decided to grab my old xc ski's and go out. I have to admit that it was fun and even Shanna my chocolate lab was happy to be out.

The moral for the day is to simply go with whatever weather conditions you have, and just change the "toy" that you were intending on using.:D

htttp://chasecyclery.blogspot.com

Crankin
04-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Skiing feels like a long time ago.
I wrote this "winter" off. The 5 x country ski days I had were great, but not enough.

ridebikeme
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Truly the ski season is over, but I couldn't miss being out on the little bit of snow we had. Weather in Maine changes so quickly sometimes that I suppose that you have to be ready with all of your toys or you're left inside. :D

I do feel bad that you so few days out this winter, but here's to hoping for a better.moer snow winter next year.

maillotpois
04-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Good for you for making the most of what's available. I really would love to learn XC. That's on my list for next winter for sure.

We were up in our mountains for the weekend and got a TON of snow - for once! It's been a seriously scary dry winter.

I need to check in on my mom in Maine and make sure she weathered the actual weather ok. :)

ridebikeme
04-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Depending on where your Mom lives, she may not have even received snow. Even so, the road crews here don't generally take off the plows or take sand out of the trucks for quite some time.:rolleyes: But I'm sure that you know that already.

Yes, you'll definitely have to get on some xc ski's. It's definitely a lot of fun! Of course, there's also the conditioning piece as well:p