PDA

View Full Version : So far,so good

Irulan
05-19-2003, 12:00 PM
I can't believe how much riding I"ve gotten in so far this season. I've learned to not be a weather weenie, and riding in some pretty interesting rain and hail which makes the trails verryyy interesssing.... I"ve logged 200 singletrack miles so far this this spring!!! Been out 2-4 times a week with the girl gang, and my sweetie (hubby of 23 year who bought me my first m-bike) has been going out too, after a several season bike haitus.

Best grunt so far, did a 12 mile loop from my house that involved 3000 of climbing in 2 -1500 segment... ouchie but I did good!!

Irulan

LovesFrance
05-22-2003, 06:36 AM
This is extremely impressive. I, on the other hand, am a weather weenie. Any advice on getting over that?

Irulan
05-22-2003, 07:10 AM
heh heh, you just have to force yourself out. If it looks like it's going to be cold, I do weenie out. But..... I've found a little bit of wet won't kill me, especially if it's warm. I had a really fun ride where it was a heavy mist the whole time, and you didnt' even notice you were soaked through unitl you tipped your head and water ran off the helmet.
It's been so unpredictable here that I jsut go anyway and take a jacket or I wouldn't ride.

Irulan