PDA

View Full Version : New Torture

Veronica
02-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Shawna has gotten a TRX system for the gym. Who knew body weight work could be so HARD! Yesterday's "fun" was push ups - feet on the floor, hands in the TRX handles.

Today's "fun" was one legged squats on the Bosu with your other foot in the TRX.

I really like how everything has to work together to keep you balanced while you do these exercises.

Veronica

tulip
02-22-2012, 06:22 AM
My Y has TRX classes. I'm toying with signing up, but I'm a bit short of time at the moment.

indysteel
02-22-2012, 06:26 AM
My trainer used TRX with me for the first time two weeks ago. It hurt, but mostly in a good way. I had trouble with a few of the "moves." For as good (and I'd like to think graceful) as I am at following along in a yoga class, I am awkwardly coordinated sometimes with my trainer. I'm sure I looked like an idiot.

Wahine
02-22-2012, 07:16 AM
I love that kind of stuff. I don't have a TRX system but I use supportive bands and webbing in much the same way in my classes. Love it!! one of the exercises we finished off with last night was feet supported in a heavy stretchy band hanging from the pull-up bar, while holding your body in a chataranga-type yoga position. OUCH.

ETA: With your hands on the Bosu ball. mwahahahah.

SadieKate
02-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Wow, I don't find it torture at all. Much easier on the wrists to do push-ups on the TRX. There are a whole bunch of things that just feel good on it. Matter of fact, I've been bemoaning that we haven't used it as much lately as we used to.

Artista
02-22-2012, 07:21 PM
I think TRX cables are great torture. The fitness studio that go to uses them. I've never done an entire class with them but the trainers always incorporate several different exercises on TRX each session. TRX was also helpful for me when I was rebuilding my proprioception during ankle rehab. I held on to the cables for just a bit of stability when I started doing legged exercises again.