PDA

View Full Version : The forecast says...

bluerider
12-08-2005, 08:35 PM
We're getting 10cm tonight in Toronto! "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

I got a ride in tonight and it was chilllllly...-6C but boy am I glad I did it as it may be my last outdoor ride for a little bit. :( For you ladies who do this all year round outside, you are awesome!

CorsairMac
12-09-2005, 09:35 AM
nah - I just got more stones than brains! (I loved that expression from Massbabe!!)

Trekhawk
12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
nah - I just got more stones than brains! (I loved that expression from Massbabe!!)

bikerchick68 says your a STUD. Hmm thinking Stud, stones, is there something your not telling us Corsair? :D :D

To all you northern girls (and Corsair) - I will never cringe again when I go out to ride in 3C. Its plain that I know nothing about real cold. You girls keep riding and inspiring me to do the same. :)

Trek-from a much warmer part of the USA-hawk.

bluerider
12-11-2005, 08:44 AM

I want them stones!!!! You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! I bow to you CorsairMac. "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!!"

CorsairMac
12-15-2005, 06:38 AM
So yesterday I rode on ice for the first time - this seems to be the year of "firsts". I just kept telling myself "think of it as sand, think of it as sand....SnowTulip taught you how to ride on sand and you can do this". The only scary moment was climbing a short, steep hill on the ice and having no traction from the back tire!! :eek: I made it safely - but have decided an alternative route might be the better course of action for the rest of this winter! LOL

Corsair "yup, ain't got no brains" Mac

yellow
12-16-2005, 06:38 PM
So yesterday I rode on ice for the first time...
Then, my friend, you'd better get familiar with the icebike (http://www.icebike.org/) site. They got lots o' great info there, even a section for brave commuters! Neat pictures too...but notice that the sun seems to be out in all of them (except for the "bad example")...hmmmm...