PDA

View Full Version : Trixter spin bike?

SallyRides
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Has anyone used one of these? There is a new fitness center opening in my town. Stopped in at their Open House. These spin bikes look intriguing. Lots of hype, but I wonder if it could be true? I'm trying to decide between joining this new place or sticking with the tried and true YMCA (with the most boring and ummotivating spin classes possible.)

TIA,

SallyR

nscrbug
01-22-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't have any experience with the Trixter bikes, but I too, am finding myself in the position of adapting to a new and different type of spin bike than what I'm used to. The gym I normally take spin classes at (a former Bally's which has been taken over by LA Fitness), use the Star Trac Spinner bike...which is very similar (if not identical to the original Schwinn Spinner bikes). But another LA Fitness near me which is a much newer facility, uses the Keiser M3 spin bikes...VERY different than the original spin bikes. The resistance knob is way different, the handlerbar & saddle adjustments are way different, too. I'm not sure if I've "warmed up" to this newer type of spin bike just yet. I'll have to do a few more classes on it, before deciding if I like it.

SallyRides
01-24-2012, 07:44 PM
I guess I will find out about the new spin bikes. I joined the Fitness center today at a pre-opening special price. :) They open tomorrow. I don't have time to go tomorrow, but this weekend for sure. These spin bikes have handlebars that move (adjustable tension, so you can keep them still if you choose.) You control the resistance on the handlebar grips, like twist shifters, so you don't have to reach down on the bike. Also, they have some different type of wheels. They aren't weighted flywheels. They do not continue to spin when you stop pedaling. Supposedly, you work harder to pedal and get a better workout. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

SallyR