PDA

View Full Version : New Cleats

Yasmin
12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
After 4 years of riding with mountain style cleats & pedals (SPD PD-M520), I've just changed to the more popular road style (Shimano Ultegra SH-R130). Before I was using mountain style on both road & mountain bikes that I own. Problem is, I'm not sure if I like them. Admittedly any change takes a bit of getting used to, but they are harder to release even though they're set on the loosest setting. Also I find engaging more tricky. The bloke in the shop said I'd get used to them. The good thing is they're easier to pull up with, which is good for hills & sprinting. Plus the wider surface area should make it easier on long rides.
Any feed-back & opinions from you are welcomed. Cheers.

Susie
12-02-2005, 08:23 AM
I made the same change at the beginning of October and I, too, found it hard to clip in and out at first. Now I absolutely love the pedals. They are so much easier for me to get into now that I am used to them. My pedal stroke is so much stronger that my average speed on rides is up almost 3 mph. Give them a chance -- it took me about 3 weeks or so.

Susie

Yasmin
12-05-2005, 12:19 AM
I've used them for about 4 days now. Pulling up & pushing down is easier & I agree about having slightly more power which must translate from this. They're growing on me (...so to speak)

CorsairMac
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
They're growing on me (...so to speak)

wow - when you said they were hard to release, I didn't realize you meant That hard!! ;)

Yasmin
12-05-2005, 11:25 AM
wow - when you said they were hard to release, I didn't realize you meant That hard!! ;)

Tee hee :D