PDA

View Full Version : Petition

velodrome.co.nr
11-25-2005, 01:36 AM
There is a petition to the UCI that campaigns for the introduction of Women's track events such as:

Madison
Team Pursuit
Team Sprint

The petiton is on the www.velodrome.co.nr website
Please sign up so that we can get equal chances in such events.
This will be presented to the UCI when enough names are put to the petiton.
(Browse to www.velodrome.co.nr, register and login and then browse to track cycling - petiton women's track events)

velodrome.co.nr
11-29-2005, 04:31 AM
thanks to all who have signed up to this petition
we just need a few more before presenting to the UCI

best regards

velodrome

velodrome.co.nr
12-09-2005, 01:27 AM
This is gonna be big news, looks like we are gonna get some of the events trialed at either Rev11 or 12, brilliant!
Thanks to all who signed up, you see we can make a difference.
Perhaps if we get more the UCI will take notice

RoadRaven
12-09-2005, 09:58 AM
ATTENTION MODERATORS

Mods, can you verify for me/us that this is bona fide... velodrome has made no posts which contribute to the life of the forum...

I asssume this (velodrome.co.nr) is genuine as this topic has not been locked or deleted, however, no members respond to these two threads...

But I also have doubts when velodrome seemingly "self-bumps" its own topic/thread....

I am on a very slow connection (about 19.8kbps on a good day) and am unwilling to go to sites I don't know as each page slows down the surfing speed.

I would be interested in supporting this if I knew it was genuine.

Have any TE members signed it?

Susan Otcenas
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
RoadRaven,

I've been to this site, and as near as I can tell, it's a mostly legitimate forum site linked to a velodrome in the U.K. (though I had a doubt or two when I saw a viewable thread about downloading songs....) I'm not willing to sign up to read the forum, so I can't tell for sure. (anyone actually sign up?)

The first time this person posted, I deleted the thread, as its purely self-promotional and the person isn't contributing to our forum. And you are correct, this person has done nothing put post to this thread occasionally to get the thread back up to the top and noticed.

So, note to velodrome.cr.nr... unless you prove to me that you are legit, by actively participating over here, Ill have no choice but to assume that you are doing nothing but attempting to drive traffic to your own site. That's just not OK around here. If's that's all you're here for, I'll delete this thread and any future posts.

But this is a friendly bunch here, so look around, stay awhile, contribute respectfully, and you'll be welcomed as a friend.

Susan

snapdragen
12-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Ok, I made the great sacrafice and registered. Eh. Yeah, there's some cycling content - general stuff like Road, Track, Time Trials. A couple sections specifically for Newcastle Track Cycling Assoc. and Staffordshire University bike club. Another section called the Stands with random discussions - religion, downloads, etc.

Not so special, icky bbs software. I'd say velodrome is just trying to get people to his site. Oh - from what I can see 10 people have signed his "petition" (It's a bbs poll)

RoadRaven
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks for investigating Snap

Maybe if the invitation is not so legit and more of a ruse, velodrome will either join in productively here or wander his (how do you know?) merry way...

snapdragen
12-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks for investigating Snap

Maybe if the invitation is not so legit and more of a ruse, velodrome will either join in productively here or wander his (how do you know?) merry way...

I think he's just trying to drum up visitors to his site. His avatar is a pic of a guy, he said it was him.....OK...internet naivete, could be a 95 yo woman..... :D

velodrome.co.nr
12-15-2005, 03:26 AM
that made me laugh, sorry, yes its a bit half and half but the petition is real and it has already got the interest of a very successful event in the UK called the Revolution, which showcases Track Cycling to the country
the site trys to accomodate member interests outside of the world of cycling as we don't just like cycling.
sorry if this cause offence, and i do intend to up my participation in this forum, its just as i'm sure the moderators agree running a forum takes up alot of your time and you don't get chance to browse to other forums.
Thank you for not deleting the 'advert' ;) :) etc and I do hope we can make a difference

Best Regards

Velodrome

and oh yes the avatar of me on the site is Liam Gallagher a famous rock star from the band Oasis, you might of heard of them? :D :)

SadieKate
12-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Welcome, velodrome. I think your inauspicious start would really be turned around if you went over the the thread "Getting to Know You" and introduced yourself. I think many of us had to same reaction and wouldn't even consider your petition.

Your profile doesn't provide any information whatsoever about you -- all the hallmarks of someone who signs up for commercial purposes.

SK

snapdragen
12-15-2005, 09:44 AM
and oh yes the avatar of me on the site is Liam Gallagher a famous rock star from the band Oasis, you might of heard of them? :D :)

:o Yeah, heard of the band, not familiar with what they look like tho....:o :D

velodrome.co.nr
12-16-2005, 01:16 AM
they are the image of cool :D

done that getting to know you thingy