PDA

View Full Version : The Free Clif Bar (guinea pig) that I am

JesTutripup
11-21-2005, 12:52 PM
So all that is free is not great, but I'm over hear updating the Powerbook - marks and I get to the Clif Bar, blah, blah blog.

Guess what?! They have new 'Nectar' bars for the first 250 addresses they receive. Here's the deal it just went up on the site the seventh of this month. So get riding, running, typing whatever to their site or the blog and you'll see NECTAR in the left margin.

I'm giving up on most of the Powerbars, except a few fav's. As well of some Clif Bar's, but hopefully one of these will replace a previous personal reject.

In addition, Steve Madden @ Bicycling's Nov/Dec 05 issue speaks of some vegan energy bar. SKIP IT! I had this sour brick during the end of the summer from EMS and if the smell doesn't take you to the land of nausea the process of chewing, swollowing and it sitting on your stomache just to upchuckan-di a few days later can be used as a possible diet deterant.

Sorry for the babble ladies (and some gents). Have a great Thanksgiving. Remember why we're really thankful.

Caio

SadieKate
11-21-2005, 12:55 PM
I've had a Nectar Bar. It was pretty tasty but it was pretty much dried fruit and nuts only. Better be tasty!

I also far prefer Mojo Bars from Clif than Clif and Luna Bars. Our grocery stores carry both so they're easy to find.

jobob
11-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I really like LaraBars. Could that be the bar that you're referring to, JesTutripup ? (I don't read "Buy-Cycling", so I wouldn't know.)

According to the LaraBar folks (http://www.larabar.com/foodp.html), they're Uncooked, Unprocessed, No Added Sugars, Non-Irradiated, Non-GMO, Preservative-Free, Sulfite-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Corn-Free, Vegan, and Kosher.

But despite all that ;) I really like them, particularly the banana cookie and ginger snap flavors.

-jo "LaraBar fan" bob

JesTutripup
11-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Nope it's definitely not the Lara...but Sadie I'm glad you've tried it already cause I haven't seen it in the local shop's. What you've described is making me hungry.

I'll take dry and tasty cause I've got lots of liquid. Atleast two - three sides of my tongue must agree cause when i force myself the inevitable occurs: hedges please....

Selkie
11-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Jes --- You need to get yourself some refueling at Eat'nPark or Valley Dairy!! It's great to see someone here from LATROBE (my parents grew up there). I grew up in Murrysville, but spent a lot of time visiting my relatives in good old Lay-trobe! Where do you ride there? I've heard it's changed a lot in recent years (my parents are both deceased, so I haven't been up there in ages).

jobob
11-21-2005, 01:33 PM
The first couple of LaraBars I tried were freebies, otherwise odds are good I never would have tried them. I'm scared away by foods that are natural and healthy :D

- jo "junk food magnet" bob

SadieKate
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM
http://www.clifbar.com/eat/eat.cfm?location=nectar

I liked the cranberry. Bubba like the cinnamon pecan. I've got the lemon vanilla cashew packed for the trip.

Speaking of junk food. Veronica, how was the Sugar Daddy? :D

snapdragen
11-21-2005, 02:31 PM
[url]Speaking of junk food. Veronica, how was the Sugar Daddy? :D

Thom hasn't been gone that long has he? And V's already got a sugar daddy? :D

SadieKate
11-21-2005, 02:34 PM
And she was oggling my calves yesterday because no male ones were in sight. 13 days to go . . . :rolleyes:

Lise
11-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Guess what?! They have new 'Nectar' bars for the first 250 addresses they receive. Here's the deal it just went up on the site the seventh of this month. So get riding, running, typing whatever to their site or the blog and you'll see NECTAR in the left margin.

I lovethe Nectar bars. I stumbled upon them in Whole Foods. Especially the dark chocolate one. I can't remember the name, but it's obvious on the shelf, because it's the only chocolate one! I can't stand most "energy bars" because they're just toooo sweet. These are delicious and chewy, and not "sugary". :D I'm going to their website now!

Irulan
11-22-2005, 06:50 AM
http://www.clifbar.com/eat/eat.cfm?location=nectar

I liked the cranberry. Bubba like the cinnamon pecan. I've got the lemon vanilla cashew packed for the trip.

Stay away from the Lemon Poppyseed. That was extrememly nasty.

SadieKate
11-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Lemon poppyseed or Lemon Cashew? Isn't the lemon poppyseed a LunaBar? We have a lemon cashew already. We'll only risk a teeny-tiny nibble on your advice. :)

Surlygirl
11-22-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm with jobob, the larabars are yummy. I have an apple pie larabar every morning with a nice hot cup of smokey Lapsang Souchong tea. Trader Joe's only has the Apple pie, cherry pie and ginger ones. Banana cookie is good too when I can find it and the cocoa mole but also hard to find.

JesTutripup
11-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Mickchick you wouldn't recognize Murrysville with all the rezoning and construction going on in the last four years.
I usually ride old william penn and sardis. so many farmers forced out to road widening, walmart and strip malls from 66 out to monroeville..it's very sickening, but my legs are looking fabulous from these hills.

I despise East N'Park...this area needs an IHOP or atleast Jackson Hole restaurant. Almost everyone stuffs pork, beer, cigarettes and flour through their bodies. Grosssss...but, I love the summertime!!!

Oh I found them....The 'stinky' Probars! Sold at EMS.com. Eww the thought's turning my stomache. Sorry if anyone here loves them.