PDA

View Full Version : New/used bike!

Nancy
04-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Thanks to all who've answered my questions on other threads, especially the ones on buying a new set of wheels. I was really down to my decision-making process/choosing between a Terry Classic and a Rodriguez Stellar.
This time, the goddesses were looking down on me. There was a woman in town who had ordered a Rodriguez over the inet. She let me come ride her bike (and we're only about an inch different in height!) What a beautiful bike to behold and ride! But, then she pulled out her used Terry Classic and said she was thinking of selling it. It is in mint condition and has the upgraded components that the Madeleine now has, and now it's mine!
:D
I would still strongly recommend considering the Rodriguez bikes if you're in the market. Estelle Gray was wonderfully helpful to talk to and had I not found this deal, I would have been her customer.
For a woman who has used her mountain bike to road ride, this is like heaven! Some day I still hope to get a Stellar, but at less than half the cost, I'm one happy pedaler!
Nancy

skygayle
04-25-2003, 06:12 AM
How do you feel about the smaller wheel, does it feel weird, people say it looks weird. Does this bike go really fast? Just curious, I am looking at a Terry also. Susan

Nancy
04-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Susan-
We had our first women's group ride of the season last night (15 intrepid sisters showed up in 36 degree weather with a cold north wind off Lake Superior-brrr) and I felt like I was flying without effort! It is such an improvement over my mountain bike. Several people mentioned the difference in the wheel sizes; I don't find it a problem at all, but this is my first experience on a road bike. I really love it!
Nancy

aubergine2
04-26-2003, 05:04 PM
I have a Terry Classic (1996 version - which is different from the current model they call a Classic), and it does have the smaller front wheel. Not a problem! Note that only their smallest three frame sizes require the small wheel - the others are all "normal". Yes, I love my Terry - my very first road bike. It bears the scars of my learning experiences... I can also tell you that the company is very responsive - if you have a problem or a question, in all likelihood you will receive a response from Georgena Terry herself. Enjoy your new ride!!!!