PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing the Ride the Rivers Century?

Bike Chick
09-02-2011, 04:22 PM
This looks like a wonderful ride and I've wanted to do it for a couple of years now. I'm seriously considering it. For those of you who have ridden this ride, how bad are the hills? And is anyone else planning to ride? I've been reading race reports from the last couple of years.

momm77
10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I did the century last year with a couple of my friends. It was my first century and I was a little worried about the hills, but I found it to be a surprisingly easy ride and not overly hilly. As I recall there was a short steep hill early in the ride when you come out of a park in Clayton and then there were good size hills after 80 miles when you are riding at the convergence of the rivers before taking the second ferry ride. I believe there is an elevation map on Map My Ride that you might look at to get a better idea. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. I would highly recommend it and hope to go back some time.

Bike Chick
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks, Momm, for the info. Our plans have changed and I'm not going to be able to do it this year like I'd planned but I definitely want to do it next year.