PDA

View Full Version : Ellis County riders?

spazzdog
08-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi-ho folks!

Have recently moved back to Texas and looking for riders. I'm hoping to get in the saddle again (after a multi-year absence) once the temps cool a bit.

Meanwhile, I've been learning golf - yep, out hitting that unforgiving little ball in the 102-110 temps. Yee-hah!

Anyway - any guidance to cycling groups or individuals in the area would be appreciated.

gettin' ready to "cowgirl up" :)

spazzdog

snapdragen
08-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Texas? TEXAS?

//good to know you're still around spazz..

spazzdog
08-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Hi Snap!

Yeah, Texas - 'tis my home state. And I've been away for... nigh onto 30 yrs or so (except visits).

I love the heat (constant this summer) and am getting to spend some much needed time with dad.

So, next year when some of you TE-ers decide to travel to Wichita Falls in August :) for the HHH100, I promise to come cheer you on (unless I'm able to actually get fit for it myself).

xo spazz :)

spazzdog
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
OK... so have I managed to move to the only county in Texas that has no cyclists?

eeks!

CAL
09-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I feel the same way. I often see others out riding, but have yet to actually meet anyone to ride with. I live in Denton/Collin county, but occassionally ride at WhiteRock Lake in Dallas.

TxDoc
10-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Well, cannot offer much help up in Ellis County... but if y'all ever come down to Houston - come say hello! We have many cyclists here :)

goose1126
10-19-2011, 05:52 AM
I live in Ellis County and have recently taken up cycling. I usually ride by myself, as it's easier for me to hop on my bicycle after I get home from work. I usually just ride the back roads around where I live.

There is an organized bike ride coming up soon. Here's the link, if you're interested.

http://www.ennisffa.ffanow.org/default.aspx?ID=712

spazzdog
12-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks goose - i'll check out the link.

spazz

spazzdog
12-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Well, I missed that one - didn't login for a while. job hunting still.

anyway, goose msg me if you'd like to try a ride sometime.

spazz

spazzdog
12-12-2011, 08:31 AM
might have found some riding company via MapMyRide... things are looking up.

spazz

chosen1
12-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Well, cannot offer much help up in Ellis County... but if y'all ever come down to Houston - come say hello! We have many cyclists here :)

Txdoc, I'm gonna be in Houston for Christmas visiting family are there any rides going on that you know of around 12/22-12/28?

spazzdog
12-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Well, once I started arranging a ride with the MMR contact, the rain came to Texas... and lightning and thunder. So Wednesday and today (Thursday) got sacked. We might get out tomorrow if this weather doesn't stall over us.

We need the rain, but jeez :eek:

spazzdog
12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
The rain went away and I was able to get out today... my MMR contact was a really nice guy, as was a friend of his that joined us. It has been a long time since I rode so it was a short one - 16 miles, 46 deg with heavy wind. The route was hillier than I expected but I survived, if not REALLY slowly.

After a hot shower and a nice club salad I feel almost human, though a tad sore.

Will keep you posted on progress...

spazz