PDA

View Full Version : Seattle to Portland Advice Wanted

sharris63
04-20-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm training for my first bike race, STP, and would like any advice anyone can offer regarding joining groups of riders in the race. I am going alone and don't know how you join a group while riding. Is there a protocol for asking permission to joining a pellaton? Does anyone have any specific tips about the race in general?
Thanks

NW_Meg
04-22-2003, 09:12 PM
I'm riding STP for first time this year, too. I put together a 'team' (and I use this term quite loosely) by talking other first timers into riding with me.

I see plenty of posts on Cascade's STP/Events message board for more experienced riders seeking teams, and teams seeking riders. If you don't find others here, I'd try there. http://www.cascade.org/Community/Message_Boards.cfm

Are you aiming for 1 day or two?

Where do you live/train?

sharris63
04-26-2003, 09:05 AM
I live in Moscow, Idaho and am training, except for today...it's snowing :-( in this area. I am just trying to finish the race so I will be doing it in 2 days. Thanks for the url. I will check it out.

NW_Meg
04-26-2003, 01:14 PM
I used to live in Moscow. I have a friend there now who is also coming here to do STP for the first time. He's a guy -- but an exceptionally cool one :)

If you're interested, I could introduce the two of you to train together or maybe share logistical planning. Not sure that's what you were looking for, but let me know.

You can email me directly at m_e_mcnally@hotmail.com