PDA

View Full Version : Seats on Spinnng bikes

shadon
11-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Took my first spin class last night, and while it was a challenge to stay on the bike for the hour, the biggest problem was the blasted seat. It was just to narrow and my rear and nether parts hurt like never before. Tried standing, but that's just to much work at this point in my metamorphosis from couch potato to cyclist.

Help! I gotta spin, but I can't if I can't figure this out! I was wearing cycling shorts too! I can't swap the seat and bring my own, so how'm I gonna get through this?

snapdragen
11-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I've heard some people buy gel seat covers to use at spin class.

Seat Cover (http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=13735603&parent_category_rn=4500867&vcat=REI_SEARCH)

bikerbarb
11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Gel seat covers at Target cost about $15. That's what I use. I also set my seat back just a bit.

latelatebloomer
11-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Shadon, I started with a cheap gel seat from the evil kingdom of Walmart, don't need it at all now for hour classes. When they get up to 1 1/2 or 2 hours, I still bring it.

Don't understand why it's hard for you to stand. Is your resistance that high? It's really good to stand and stretch the back and legs, our best instructor has us do that frequently.

I hope your instructor is willing to help you get started on the right foot!