PDA

View Full Version : Going to get a stand up paddleboard

roadie gal
07-07-2011, 06:19 AM
After thinking about it and doing a bunch of research online, I went out and demo'd some performance boards. The board really makes a difference in SUP. The first (nonperformance) board I rented was just a drag. It was difficult to make it go straight and it was slow. The better board was just so much fun - easy to paddle and easy to go in a straight line, and fast.

The paddling movement seems like it's going to be OK for me, too. The movement is mostly from your core rather than from a big arm swing. I don't think it will provoke another clot. *fingers crossed*

So now I'm on a waiting list to get a Tahoe SUP Bliss. It's especially cool because it's a local company that specializes in flatwater boards (as opposed to surfing boards).

Hopefully it will come in next week. I'm excited!

roadie gal
07-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Unfortunately they aren't cheap. But none of my sports, except running, seems to be. :rolleyes:

I'll be using it in the lakes around here. Donner Lake is about 10 minutes from my house and Tahoe is about 25. There are also a bunch of reservoirs. So I won't be looking to surf. That's why I went for a board that's specific for flatwater.