PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunting

Trek-chick
06-26-2011, 01:10 PM
DH took me with him last October to bowhunt. I bought a cheap bow from Craigslist to see if I liked the sport before spending money on a new bow. Plus, I could not pull back any of DH's bows.

I recently just ordered a new bow. A Hoyt Vicxen. It is an amazing bow and made for women with short draw lengths like me.

I fell in love with the sport and wanted to know if any of the TE ladies hunt ( bow or gun). Anyone get a deer? I haven't yet but, hope to this season.

bmccasland
06-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Not a bow hunter - haven't pulled a string in years.... but have you tried bow fishing?

I used to hunt upland birds and shoot trap & skeet, but haven't done that since I lived in Arizona.

Good luck on getting your deer this fall!

Trek-chick
06-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Never tried bowfishing. I just love archery though. We plan to hunt all weekends in October and leave our RV up north at the campground all month. They have great rates.

withm
06-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Well I don't hunt but could tell you a horror story about my ex husband.

Just be sure to always use the right arrows for your bow. Never put a cheap wooden arrow into a compound bow. They can not take the pressure, and can shatter and fly all directions.

He had a "splinter" the size of a cigarette split lengthwise that seemed to have been "injected" into his right hand. After a day/night in the hospital, surgery to remove it, he was lucky to regain aobut 95% use of his hand.

Believe me, you don't want to try this at home.

7rider
06-26-2011, 07:40 PM
The closest I ever got to a bow was at a friends house, using their WII!

Seems like a cool tool (the real one....but the WII was fun, too!).

Trek-chick
06-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Well I don't hunt but could tell you a horror story about my ex husband.

Just be sure to always use the right arrows for your bow. Never put a cheap wooden arrow into a compound bow. They can not take the pressure, and can shatter and fly all directions.

He had a "splinter" the size of a cigarette split lengthwise that seemed to have been "injected" into his right hand. After a day/night in the hospital, surgery to remove it, he was lucky to regain aobut 95% use of his hand.

Believe me, you don't want to try this at home.

Yikes! That is good to know. When I pick up the bow I plan to get some aluminum arrows (Easton) too.