PDA

View Full Version : Pitlock vs. Pinhead

PamNY
06-21-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm going to get wheel and seatpost locking devices for my new bike. Any opinions on Pinhead (which I have now) vs. Pitlock? Or are there others I should consider?

Also, any ideas on securing saddle with something other than a cable? There should be something that requires more than an Allen wrench to remove the saddle, but I can't find it.

Also, has anyone used the trick of supergluing a ball bearing in the Allen bolt recesses? The saddle isn't something you remove very often, so it's tempting. I just want to be sure you can clean it out if you need to.

alice
06-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Aesthetically it's not much different from a cable, but a lot of people around here secure their saddle with a short length of chain (not security chain, bicycle chain). A little hipster, but as effective as you can get without locking it.

PamNY
06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Aesthetically it's not much different from a cable, but a lot of people around here secure their saddle with a short length of chain (not security chain, bicycle chain). A little hipster, but as effective as you can get without locking it.

That's what I have now -- and it is hipster, which at the age of 60 I kind of enjoy. :DI was hoping for something more elegant, but results are what counts.