PDA

View Full Version : Solo tour?

abeille
06-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

Just looking for feedback from other ladies on looking into doing a solo bike tour from Seattle to San Francisco this August. Cycling has been a very important activity for me over the years. I am a rape survivor (three years ago) and would like to do a solo tour at some point, but am trying to decide if the time is right now and whether I should hold off. It would be ideal to create a support network that I could rely on if I undergo this personal dream and challenge.

-abeille

evangundy
06-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Only you can decide if the time is right, for you to tour alone. What a wonderful reaffirmation of confidence this will be for you, when you're ready!

Along the Pacific Coast is one of the bike tours I want to do, too, though most likely with DH. Every once in awhile, I like to repost the link to the journal of a friend of mine, Sylvia. She has been solo touring since 2007, starting with a trip down the West Coast. Enjoyable reading and some great photos to go along with the journal.

http://www.myrtletheturtle.me/Main%20Pages/myrtletheturtlej.html

Keep planning, and the right things will come up to make it happen, when the time is right.

Edna

Dog
06-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Check out the Ndoto Project if you are really interested in riding from Seattle to San Francisco, but unsure about going solo. It is a limited-support charity ride this September. www.s2sf.org I'm considering it if I can get the time off from work.

Jiten
07-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi all,

Just looking for feedback from other ladies on looking into doing a solo bike tour from Seattle to San Francisco this August. Cycling has been a very important activity for me over the years. I am a rape survivor (three years ago) and would like to do a solo tour at some point, but am trying to decide if the time is right now and whether I should hold off. It would be ideal to create a support network that I could rely on if I undergo this personal dream and challenge.

-abeille

Abeille, good luck with achieving your wonderful touring dream.

Only you can decide if the time is right, for you to tour alone. What a wonderful reaffirmation of confidence this will be for you, when you're ready!

Along the Pacific Coast is one of the bike tours I want to do, too, though most likely with DH. Every once in awhile, I like to repost the link to the journal of a friend of mine, Sylvia. She has been solo touring since 2007, starting with a trip down the West Coast. Enjoyable reading and some great photos to go along with the journal.

http://www.myrtletheturtle.me/Main%20Pages/myrtletheturtlej.html

Keep planning, and the right things will come up to make it happen, when the time is right.

Edna

Thank you for that link. Another source of inspiration!