PDA

View Full Version : Patagonia sizing?

emily_in_nc
06-13-2011, 12:59 PM
I've never bought any "bottoms" from Patagonia. Anyone care to share their experience with Patagonia sizing? I am smack-dab between an XS and S in this skirt I'm interested in, and it's not available in my local REI store:

http://www.rei.com/product/810257/patagonia-lithia-skirt

It's stretchy, so my inclination would be to go with the smaller size, but not if it is going to run as small as the size chart says (waist 23.5" :eek: NOT!). I wear a size '2' in most bottoms.

OakLeaf
06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
They run small and slender. I'm too curvy (aka big@ssed) to wear their bottoms at all.

Crankin
06-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I notice that most x-smalls say a 24 inch waist, which I most definitely do not have, even though that is the size I wear in most brands. However, something inside my brain is saying that Patagonia runs really small. I can't wear x small Ibex bottoms, even though the tops fit me perfectly in that size. The time I went to the Arcadian Shop in Lenox for their big sale with Lisa and Deb, I almost got stuck in a pair of Ibex ski pants because i tried on the x smalls :).

jessmarimba
06-13-2011, 04:32 PM
The only patagonia bottoms I have are the capilene bottoms, and those run pretty much normal sized. The Small definitely fits perfectly. And I usually wear a 2-4 in anyone else's sizes (but Patagonia non-stretchy stuff doesn't allow for round bottoms so I don't buy it) and an XS in Patagonia dresses/tops (mostly b/c the chest would be too big if I tried a small)

emily_in_nc
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Hmmm...I just went and read a BUNCH of reviews of this skirt (mostly glowing) on the Patagonia site, and sounds like the XS would be fine for me. One reviewer who said the Small fit her well wore a size 6 normally, and most who mentioned their weight and fitting the small weighed 120+. The gals who fit the XS weighed from 110-115, and I weigh around 105. My hips are small (34.5"), but my waist is not nearly as small as the size chart. Still, from the reviews, people said it was very stretchy and there was no need to size up. Still a bit scared but will probably go with the XS. And cross fingers and toes!

yellow
06-13-2011, 08:15 PM
You are an extra small in Patagucci. I am sure of it!

PamNY
06-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Not sure if it's comparable, but Patagonia small fits me fine in tights and pants. From what you've said I'd guess you are XS.