PDA

View Full Version : postpartum knee pain?

atombessy
06-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi ladies! So I'm 6 months postpartum and have been pretty regularly biking and jogging since about 4 months postpartum. I had some mild knee pain on my road bike to start with, but ignored it since I figured my joints were probably still wobbly from pregnancy hormones. Well, I signed up for a duathlon and as I've been increasing my jogging and biking miles my knees have gotten much, much worse. They hurt in the front lower area of my knee while biking (on the downstroke) and hurt AFTER running and walking downstairs. I'm pretty sure it's not a fit issue because I haven't introduced anything new into my bike set-ups and they've always fit well. Any thoughts? I am making a doc appointment this week but I'm completely befuddled what the issue could be...still something postpartum related? I am also still 15lbs heavier than pre-baby, so I've wondered if that's part of the issue (I'm just slightly overweight though right now, not particularly heavy...).

So frustrating! I'm so ready to reclaim my body but that's not going to happen until I can get some harder workouts/miles in!

KnottedYet
06-12-2011, 07:32 PM
So frustrating! I'm so ready to reclaim my body but that's not going to happen until I can get some harder workouts/miles in!

No, it's going to happen now as you learn to correct your bad posture habits in physical therapy.

(check your KOPS, too.)