PDA

View Full Version : Free: Sweat Gutr

Tri Girl
06-07-2011, 03:04 PM
So I bought this late last summer and it was a waste of money for me. It came with high recommendations, but it doesn't work for me. Sweat still gets in my eyes and I can't adjust it just right to keep that pesky sweat away from my eyes.
I wore it three times in the fall and once today (just to give it one more chance). I'm done.
I cleaned it with hot soapy water and rubbing alcohol- so I'm pretty sure it's germ-free. :)
If you want it, let me know and I'll send it to you.
USA addresses only, please.

It's the frost colored one:
http://www.sweatgutr.com/sports-sweatband.html

Veronica
06-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry - this made me laugh after reading your other post. :p

Hope you find something that works!

Veronica

Tri Girl
06-07-2011, 03:52 PM
:D
My sweat waterfalls have increased in the last few years. It never used to be this bad. Hormones maybe? I *wish* panting like a dog helped.

Veronica
06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
My helmet seems to keep the sweat out of my eyes while riding. But the minute I take it off... where's that towel?

Veronica

nscrbug
06-07-2011, 05:17 PM
I'll give it a shot...PM sent!

Tri Girl
06-07-2011, 07:41 PM
the sweat catcher has found a new home! :)

Aggie_Ama
06-17-2011, 04:31 AM
I find the best thing for me is the Halo bands or my buff. Still sweat gets down but minimally. And then if I stop I push on my helmet (with head leaned over) to release some of the sweat from the pads. Living in the south does have it's challenges!

Dulcineigha
08-22-2011, 09:14 PM
I actually smear vaseline around my eyes from eyebrows to the (not-)bags under my eyes, because I actually get a rash if I don't. Every single outing. Anybody else allergic to their own sweat?

MojoGrrl
08-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I actually smear vaseline around my eyes from eyebrows to the (not-)bags under my eyes, because I actually get a rash if I don't. Every single outing. Anybody else allergic to their own sweat?

I seem to be getting a gross heat rash from sweating. I don't know what to do about it...the last couple of days, when I commuted to work on the bike and therefore was not able to wash my face, I swabbed down with tea tree oil wipes I got from Trader Joe's. Don't know if it's helping yet...at least it's not gotten worse.

zoom-zoom
08-26-2011, 09:20 PM

Yep, it's eczema. I started getting it my first Summer running. Ever since then I've worn a wicking headcover of some sort to help. I can't do the silicone Road ID bands, either--I get eczema under those.