PDA

View Full Version : Axiom or Elium

energizer622
10-22-2005, 07:39 PM
I have just started the Seven process!!!
I was planning on ordering an Axiom SG, but am now wondering if maybe I should be considering an Elium. I'm 5'2", 115lb, 43 years old and ride about 120-150 miles/week during bike season. I don't race, but enjoy group rides, and want to do more centuries. My avg speed hovers around 16.5/17 and I would really like to see an increase here! I primarily ride for recreation, and to train for mountain bike races. I live in WI, so I have rolling terrain, but frequently travel to western states to ride. I would eventually like to participate in multi-day rides. I am somewhat torn between a compact double and a triple, but am leaning towards the triple. Lastly, I've read articles about shorter cranks.....155cm, 160cm. Have any of you gone there? So many questions, but it's such a large investment so I want to get it right!
Thanks,
Marcia

Surlygirl
10-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Have you tried contacting a customer service person at Seven directly and posing these questions to them. They might be able to help. I'm 5'0 and I went to the 165 cranks and I have a triple because its hilly where I live. I love my granny. Most of these things are fit and personal preference. There are a bunch of photos at hubbub.com. in the photo gallery. They also might be able to answer some questions for you. Worth a shot.

traveller_62
10-24-2005, 06:26 PM
energizer,

I just moved to an FSA compact double (50/34 - with 165 cm cranks) this summer and I have grown to love this configuration. It took some getting used to, however. I recommend you try it out. I'm your same age and height and I ride about the same number of miles each week in a very hilly area.

traveller

molangley
10-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Congrats on choosing a Seven! Just got my Axiom in July, first day out rode in an Aquabike race, 2.4 mile swim, 112 m. bike! No soreness at all! Seven is an awesome company, they and your bike shop can recommend which bike, Axiom or Elium, would be right, as wel as your correct crank length. I went with all their choices and couldn't be happier or more comfortable! Good luck in your search! By the way, Seven's customer service is phenomonal!