PDA

View Full Version : Solvang Century - Nov. 12

Veronica
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Is anyone planning on doing this?

Solvang Century (http://www.planetultra.com/SolFinest/index.htm)

V.

yellow
10-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Beware Foxen Canyon! That is where I cracked my carbon seatpost. :eek: :eek: You'd think with all of Fess Parker's $$ they'd keep the roads in a little better shape! ;)

I did the other Solvang Century in March. It was a nice ride and my fastest century to date. Not too much climbing, nice cool coastal weather. If I was in CA still I might do this one in Nov since my family lives thereabouts. Too bad they don't have a map on the site!

Veronica
10-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I was debating going by myself. I have a long weekend - Veteran's Day is the 11th.

V.

SadieKate
10-21-2005, 03:29 PM
If you decide not to go, I was thinking a ride around Napa or by Lake Berryessa again would be good. The boaters will be going home soon.

Bubba still has to make his climbing goal. Mt Ham will get a big chunk done, but he'll need more.

SadieKate
10-21-2005, 03:41 PM
The Solvang Prelude is Nov 5th!!! Guess the community either loves cyclists or has learned to tolerate them, and has a ton of volunteers. Organized rides 2 weekends in a row?? Wonder if they're paying extra for law enforcement.

Veronica
10-21-2005, 03:56 PM
I'd be up for a ride around Napa. :D

V.

jobob
10-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm game for either !

Bike Goddess
10-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Just did Berryessa yesterday (the same way we did it from Lake Solano) as part of a double metric I was doing from Benicia (we added Cantilew as an extra loop!). It actually wasn't too bad boater wise.

I could possibly do it Sunday November 13th. We could all wear our NEW Amici Veloci jerseys! Wouldn't that be a standout! :) :) :)

Napa would be fine too. If you need any routes let me know- Gaby from the Eagles club is the "routemeister"!!!

SadieKate
10-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Sorry, Nancy. Sundays are out for me right now.

Glad you had a good ride yesterday. Beautiful weather.